Array
    Status
    Beckley WV
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other

1995 Mighty max crank no start

I have been working on a 1995 mighty max 2.4L for awhile now and I can't figure it out. It was towed into the shop for a fuel pump diagnosed by the owner. The new fuel pump was installed and no start. I have been troubleshooting and I can't find any reason for it not to start. Compression is good has new plugs wires cap and button. I have fuel pressure and spark on all 4 cylinders. I have checked the Timing multiple times and it's good. The ECM stats it's working normal. Any ideas? All that is left is all 4 injectors are stuck open which I believe to be possible but not likely.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Simple things first: has the fuel filter been checked?
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Beckley WV
    Vehicle

Engine

Other
    Yes. New fuel filter. I have literally no reason why this truck won't start. I have spark compression and fuel. It only cranks. I can disconnect the fuel pump and it tries to run but of course it won't with no fuel. With the fuel pump connected it only cranks and won't try to run

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Did you have any luck with trying some aerostart/starting fluid spray into the throttle body while cranking it? If that doesn't work, it will tend to point to an ignition/timing problem. It could also be a clogged catalytic converter (it would have to be really blocked for a no start condition)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    d_light my Mikuni carb once had a float that leaked 'n filled with fuel which was the cause of a no start problem for me ~ assuming your truck is computerized fuel injected the works (perhaps) your no start is being caused by a flooded condition ??
    Good luck hunting down the fix X'd fingers 4U

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I didn't see the post about the relay. Are you getting fuel flow through the injectors? They could be faulty or the injectors and rail are clogged with crap. If it's trying to crank there is only one event that is preventing it from starting.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Beckley WV
    Vehicle

Engine

Other
    I am getting fuel from the rail on the return hose. It will run on starting fluid if I unplug the fuel pump. It does seem to be a flooded problem since it will only try to run with the fuel pump disconnected. I don't think the exhaust is plugged but I also haven't checked.