Thread: 32/36 weber carb missing parts (Help)

Array
    Status
    California
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

32/36 weber carb missing parts (Help)

Howdy! I just bought this 32/36 weber carb on ebay for conversion on my G63B automatic. first time converting it and I was suggested by my grandfather to buy a cheaper carb and rebuild it , Ive never worked on these before and I dont know what I could be missing. I also bought the rebuild and adapter kit, but from my understanding you need some linkage for the kickdown?. can anyone tell me what I might be missing here? and where I could get it so installing this thing could go a little smoother. so far I can see that the choke housing is missing. (what you see is what I got)

thanks!
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Your grandfather would love for you to listen to him AND the two of you work together in trying to fix the carburetor ~ he will be gone soon ~ give grandpa your time & attention AFTER that worry about everything else

That is what I would do ~ I am age 74 and an estranged grandfather

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    You are going to need the adapter plate to make this fit the G63B manifold. The specific Weber kit for an auto is the K614 with the kickdown linkage adapter and bracket. Add to it a rebuild kit and you're heading towards the cost of a new 32/36 Weber. You can get the water choke housing to work on the G63B but you have to start with a complete and functional carb to get a win otherwise the usual path is to block off the coolant feeds and use a carb with an electric choke.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    You may be able to get any missing pieces (as well as rebuild/repair advice) from Redline Weber or Pierce Manifolds or Carbs Unlimited -- e.g., here's the kickdown linkage from Carbs Unlimited:

https://www.carburetion.com/Products...art=444.614.46

Your photo "ebay 3.jpg" shows the water-choke capsule and bimetallic spring element (the big round castings) along with some studs to mount an air cleaner and other misc. hardware. You could simply swap out those water-choke parts for an electric-choke element instead, if you had the rest of the choke mechanism and housing to swap elements upon, but all that appears to be missing.

"photo 2.jpg" shows the linkage from the primary to secondary throttle butterflies. The bellcrank on the left (primary) should have a pin that fits into the slot of the one on the right (secondary). I'm a bit concerned that the left bellcrank appears loose and off-center, as there should be a bushing on the throttle shaft there that fits that large hole, but maybe the seller just left that part of the linkage loose and sloppy for sale of the carb.
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")

Array
    Status
    California
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    to answer your question, I did buy the rebuild kit and the adapter plate. I did get the set screw to plug up the coolant on the intake (I think you have to tap that first?) and the same cost isnt a problem my grandfathers idea is "youre going to spend the same amount of money might as well buy and old one and learn how it's put together" as for the choke I figured I would be better to set a manual choke for cross country I didnt plan on keeping it as a water choke for the desire of less clutter.

Array
    Status
    California
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    that's exactly what I've been looking for. I read the thread about making your own kickdown linkage by Andy 2 which was a huge help. but I just dont have access to making something like that. do you think I could reuse some of the parts from the old Mikuni carb?

Array
    Status
    California
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    And @xboxrox
    Shoots my friend I'm sure everything will work out...I'm sorry you have to go though that I'm sure your grandkids love ya, My grandfather is close to his 80's and I try to be with him as much as I can, he's a wealth of knowledge from years of working in a battery plant and general motors, we're a Mopar family. check out my Great uncles "Batmobile" he stands on top of this thing shooting flames dressed up as Dracula and calls himself "Kount Kennedy" if you ever come back from the states you more than welcome to come hang out with us. we'll melt buses with flamethrowers.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Please close your browsers and delete your social media accounts. Due to unforeseen circumstances, the battle for the internet has been won by that last post from clunkheads
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Yowzaaah !!! clunkheads what an outragious grandpa you got ~ DANG ~ bro I can only imagine being a little kid with my candy bucket 'n heading to your grandpa's front door on Halloween night ~ let the scary fun begin ~ your post is a RIOT 'n thanks for the kind words too..!

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Goth game recognizes goth game. Respect!
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")

Array
    Status
    California
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    haha, you guys are awesome. well I finally the carb in cleaned it up really well. ready to rebuild it I'm gonna build a bracket to mount the choke assembly (I dont have the cash to get a choke housing)

my question is what would be the ideal jetting for the 2.0?
    (at the bottom of the bowl)
    140 on primary
    137 on secondary

main jets
    60 on primary
    50 in secondary

emulsions are both f50

thanks again I'm still learning this stuff.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    These are the specs I pulled from the Weber tuning guide - http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ll=1#post44898