Thread: Roll back mileage for Cluster swap.

Array
    Status
    Riverside, California
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Roll back mileage for Cluster swap.

Was just able to get a hold of a cluster with tach. Does anyone know how to rollback the mileage on these so I can make the new cluster match my actual mileage?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    You could use the power drill method. I wouldn't recommend taking the odometer drums apart to manually reset them, I think they'd be brittle and bending the stand-offs that hold them in place is risky if you're not handling them with kid gloves.

*I don't know if they introduced the 'one way' mechanism with these instrument clusters, so wind these back at your own peril.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    You can slowly and gently adjust them with your own finger. Separate the plastic housing to access. Try on your old one first just in case you have a GI Joe Kung Fu grip.

Array
    Status
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by Chargerx3 View Post
    You can slowly and gently adjust them with your own finger. Separate the plastic housing to access. Try on your old one first just in case you have a GI Joe Kung Fu grip.
    Good advice to use the old one for practice. It's not difficult and once you're in there, you'll see how to do it. If you haven't noticed already, the cable end needs to be moved to the left of a structural support. Avoid bending it sharply when passing it through the hole in the support. If the cable gets kinked, you'll have to replace it.
    Also, I found the cable length to be just enough to reach the speedo on the tack cluster. The cable could only be attached with the cluster in it's final location, so it was mostly working by feel at that point.