Status
    Richland wa
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Hmmf, fuel in the oil?!?!?!

Hey everyone, I am stumped.

I have a 92 4x4 D50 I bought a few years back. It has been my trusty hauler for the property and I love it.
    Super reliable, goes anywhere and hauls almost anything.

It has quite a few miles on it 180k or so I think but has always run reliably and only burned a little oil.

Recently I went to pick up a load and thought it smelled funny and when I checked the oil found fuel in the oil.
    Not a slight smell of fuel but thin oil quarts of fuel in the oil.

Of course this is the MFI 2.4 so I am a unsure where to look for the cause. Been told blow by and all that which I don't really buy.

If it was carbureted, I would think leaky bowl, stuck float, leaky secondary's, leaky fuel pump, etc., but being fuel injection and electric pump I am just not sure where to look for the cause.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    John

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    If the engine is constantly running rich, it will dissolve the oil film on the cylinder bores and that will make it's way back into the block and sump. It will do it with the rings are worn or you do a lot of cold starts/stop start driving. Funnily enough, every engine will do it to some extent (you will literally always smell fuel in oil at an oil change) but if it's actually thinning the oil out noticeably, there is something up.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Richland wa
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Yea, so I did the oil change and measured over 7 quarts.

Made sure she is on the money for oil level and will put her to work hauling some loads and see where it is after a while.

Thanks