Thread: Cleaning stock Mikuni carb

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The mixture control diaphragm should only be affecting internal fuel circuits from an open throttle/closed throttle condition. Have you confirmed the fuel bowl is actually filling or the needle and fuel float has jammed? With the engine off can you see a small stream of fuel in the primary side carb throat when opening and closing the throttle by hand? What is the fuel pump flow like? Can you get the carb to pull a lot of fuel through the throats by blocking them off by hand and getting someone to crank the engine. I'm beginning to wonder are the fuel inlet lines crossed over, blocked filter or fuel line, debris in the tank clogging the pick up or something else goofy like that.

Has this engine run since you bought the truck and are there any other symptoms things you've noticed that seem off?
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Florida
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I got the Weber carb on there and she’s finally running again after who knows how long. I’m going to go ahead and do a tune up now since she’s breaking up a little bit at idle(plugs, wires, distributer cap and rotor, oil and filter).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12