Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6

Engine Hoist plans. (DONE)

For you guys that have an engine hoist, or those of you wanting to build one. You know that it is an invaluable peace of shop equipment. Here is a nice up grade for you to think about. The next time you need to have the jack fixed or replaced, think about replacing the bottle jack style with a single 2" ram and a nice pump system. I got lucky when I got mine it was set up that way already. Ya she is ugly but it works like a dream. Just never leave the pump in the weather or you will fill it with water.
    Use the Enerpac P-50 ($650.00) as the pump source. It pumps in 2 directions and the lowering release gives a real fine release that allows you to creep the engine down so slow that you can stick the engine by yourself. I just love mine. In fact I just had the hole unit rebuilt after 25 years of service. (rebuild $260) I will come up with a set of plans for those of you thinking about buying or building one. The folding type are nice but there as scary as the person you wake up with in the morning after a long night in the local bar. You get what you pay for. Drinks are cheep, and a cheep engine hoist can cost you, your life. Do it right the first time.
    Plans will be up soon.

Parts list: coming soon.

Last edited by camoit; 02-03-2012 at 12:57 AM.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com