Thread: Manual trans whine

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Got a hit with ebay during the search - https://www.ebay.com/itm/37045921148...cAAOSwkttZZnkS
    *It says KM132 but the listing also refers to KM145.

Found this site as well - https://www.transmissionpartsdistrib...bishi-bk180ws/

Couple of different listings. Prices all seem to be about the same...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Red Feather Lakes, CO
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Dodgy, a good transmission shop should know how to get what they need to fix up your transmission. I can give you the name and phone number for the shop in Loveland Colorado that just finished mine 4 months ago. He sourced the input bearing and gave me the old one that was worn out. If you saw this old bearing you'd see why it was so noisy. It's your truck 2wd or 4wd? Mine's 4wd so it's more of a bear to remove so I feel like it was worth the expense to trust the pro. I'm a good enough mechanic to know that this guy knew what he was doing and he did his best. He could've tried to talk me into rebuilding the whole transmission so he could charge me more money but he didn't. Anyways, don't let somebody BS you. If you're patient you will find any parts you need to rebuild your transmission or a different transmission from an auto salvage yard... my 2 cents.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Array
    Status
    nebraska
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    After putting 500miles on, the noise has diminished a little bit and the sound has changed, also it has become hard to shift and it's starting to want to jump out of 4th. Can't find a transmission shop in this state willing to work on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12