Array
    Status
    Tallahassee, FL
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

'86 ram refusing to start

hello all! i haven't posted in a bit but i'm back as i've got another issue! haha.
    I'm having some issues starting my truck after taking a bunch of stuff off and putting it back together and would love some diagnostic steps.

I needed to replace the freeze plugs on the drivers side of my 2.0L "u" engine. In order to get to those plugs I had to take off the carb, inlet manifold, distributor, and fuel pump. I labeled all my connections religiously and put it all back. I think everything's connected correctly but it's possible something is amiss.
    I am getting spark to the plugs and there is fuel entering my carb from the pump.

things of note:
    -it won't start even when i hand feed it break clean right into the carb.
    -battery reads 12.5v on multi-meter
    -the spring in my fuel pump was broken (maybe this is why my power was lacking before) so i replaced it with the best compression spring match i could find from ACE.
    -i have one extra bracket left over after putting it back together ::big sigh:: but i can't imagine that is what is messing me up. (see attached photo)

any and all help is greatly appreciated.

also, these may be the worst corroded plugs you have ever seen. (i did beat them up getting them out, but still)
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Spare bracket is the engine lift point (don't need it until you 'need' it) I think the timing is out - check the distributor. Make sure the crank pulley is pointing @ TDC #1 and have a look at where the rotor in the distributor is aiming, remove and adjust the distributor as needed. Check that the carb is getting primed with fuel and the fuel lines are hooked up to the right connections on the carb. The fuel pump itself may be tired and the new spring is fighting it enough to restrict fuel (don't know if this is the case but it's a possibility...)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Tallahassee, FL
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    geezer! as always you are speedy and amazing. honestly this was my first thought and it's very validating that you think it might be the timing.
    also way to identify my mystery bracket!
    thank you this is what i will check next.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Pull the belt cover and check that it’s not jumped time. The cam mark is just below the flat of the head
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com