Status
    Huntersville, NC
    Vehicle

1981 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

I.D.K.?

G63B swap for G54B

Guys,

I have a 1981 Plymouth Arrow with the G54B (2.6l) in it. The motor is bad & I am trying to figure out a replacement. I believe it has a cracked cylinder, I have put too much time & way too much money into it and I am done with this motor for good. I found what appears to be a good, running G63B (2.0l) in a wrecked 1988 Mitsu Mighty. My plan is to pull everything, motor, carb, trans, accessories, all of it & put it in the Arrow. Will this work? The G63B is a wide block & I believe my G54B is a narrow block. Will there be any issues with fitment? Motor mounts? Trans tunnel? Thanks in advance for any info.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Is the donor truck an auto as well? I went back and read your thread and you've stated your Arrow is an auto optioned truck.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Huntersville, NC
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Is the donor truck an auto as well? I went back and read your thread and you've stated your Arrow is an auto optioned truck.
    Yes, both trucks are auto. Rock Auto shows the same part #s for motor mounts & trans mounts which leads me to believe this will work.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Auto for auto should be easy. And now you should have OD as well! You'll need the transmission selector out of the cab and you'll need to brush up on your knowledge as the OD function relies on a temperature sender on the intake manifold. Sender is faulty or disconnected - no OD. I'd scavenge the front steering hubs and brakes off the '88 truck as well so you'll have decent ventillated brakes (nut and bolt swap the whole assembly) Maybe keep an eye out for a trans cooler and hoses. OEM transmission coolers seem to be better than aftermarket ones and should be dirt cheap from a JY.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Huntersville, NC
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    Thanks for the info geezer. I picked up the truck yesterday. Should be a nice winter swap.