87 Ram 50 Sport. 2.6 Auto trans.
Just a bit of advice if you want to to adjust your kickdown cable. Do it till it feels right.
Swapped a Webber carb before the original acted up. Trans acted funny after the 52-53mm cable adjustment that the manual called for. I went for a drive, adjusted the kickdown cable in very small amounts as I drove. (12mm wrench) It got to where I could almost feel it ready to kickdown and then I moved it down a little more. 90% throttle it should kick down. I could feel the threshold of kicking down and staying in the gear it was in. Push past that point and it dropped a gear. The gap is much larger than slack because the Webber has a shorter throw to the throttle plates.
Also, the brown wire connected to the sensor on the intake is the overdrive wire. That needs grounded to work all the time. I drove it for 10 minutes and it wouldn't hit overdrive.
Do not be scared. This is a kick down cable, not a T/V cable like a Ford AOD. My 53 has an AOD and if you mess that up you blow the trans because it messes with pressure. The kickdown cable does not change mainline pressure, it just forces the trans to bring it down a gear. So play with it and make it work! It was not hard and I did it in 22° weather at night.
Hope this helps someone, because the book was no help.