Array
    Status
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Question about 95' Mighty Max Overdrive

Have a 95 Mighty Max. 2wd. Automatic, Overdrive not kicking in, goes 1,2,3 and stays in 3rd. I push the OD button on and off and nothing happens. I was told it's a temperature sensor that will not allow transmission to go into OD. Problem is, I don't know which one it is, I see 4 sensors around the thermostat housing but don't know which one it is. Can anyone take a pic of which and where I should be looking at? maybe the proper name so I can buy it at the autoparts? pushing my luck a little, anyone has a Transmission wiring diagram?

Array
    Status
    Qsite az
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi L200
    it will be one of the single blade sendors one is for your temp gauge the next one is for the a/c compressor and the 3rd is for the trans let the truck warm up and unhook them one by one and see what stops working

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    i had the same problem when i got my truck, in the engine compartmrnt there was a wire loose, just hanging there, it was a ground for the OD, i grounded it and there it was....

Array
    Status
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Payrion, could you take a pic of what you did? you can send it to me directly if it's easier. I haven't had time to spend finding the right sensor or wiring. It would help me a great deal....

------EDIT-----
    I removed your e-mail address. Spam bots hit our site all the time. I suggest you PM it to him. It's just good practice. Lord knows we get enough spam already.
    Last edited by camoit; 01-21-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    ill do it tomorrow when im at the shop, so look for something on sunday or maybe sat night