Array
    Status
    West Virginia
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Newbie with 4WD brake rotor question

Newbie (Suprabrew) getting my sea-legs with this website navigation. I have: 87 2WD Ram 50-running parts donor truck, 88 Ram 50 2WD -my daily driver, 87 4WD project just finishing +four year restoration, wanting only to paint the stripes on the body next spring. Had my first Ram 50 in California in the mid 1990's.

I work outdoors and alone in WV. Am older artist / woodworker / gearhead. I am not happy unless I am miserable.

Question: I will replace the front brake rotors next on this 4WD. What is the procedure for separating the rotor from its hub? Is it difficult to do?

Array
    Status
    West Virginia
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    To answer my own question, the rotor replacement went in a straight-forward manner without issue, of course there is the peculiarity of being 4WD but not complicated.

Array
    Status
    West Virginia
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    My original concern was whether or not the rotor was pressed onto the hub (together are called the "rotor assembly". It is a slip fit (not pressed on) so after the six (IIRC) bolts w/nuts are removed, the hub and rotor separate with minimum force.

Array
    Status
    rockaway, nj
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    Hey there, i need to replace my rotors as well on my '91 MM 4x4. I've done them before on a 2wd truck but never 4x4. I couldn't find much info about removing the auto locking hub to get to the rotor, could you possibly share some more intel about how to take the hub off to get to the rotor? Thank you!

Array
    Status
    Lihue,HI
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    I think it’s just the Philips screws and it should separate