Status
    salt lake city, UT
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D56-T

no start after installing injectors 2,3L

hello!
    i tried a search but couldn't find anything yet.
    i just had my injectors rebuilt and am having no start after installing them.
    in a search of other forums, it seems this is fairly common and just need more cranking.

i attempted to push all the fuel to the IP already and reattached all electrical components after unplugging the IP to do compression tests. the injectors look right and seem to be making a seal with the new washers.
    i've got the battery on a charger, in case i wore it down with the compression test.

i am only cranking about 10 seconds at a time, and letting the starter cool down after each attempt.
    am i being too shy with my crank time?

thanks all

Array
    Status
    salt lake city, UT
    Vehicle

Engine

4D56-T
    also looking for a part number for the fuel shut off solenoid, thank you!

Array
    Status
    Owensboro, KY
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D56-T
    The best way to bleed a diesel is to loosen all of the injector lines where they go into the injectors and crank until you start getting fuel coming to them. then tighten all but one or two then keep cranking. Check them periodically to make sure that they are wet with fuel around the fitting. If so then it should be about to go. It=f the truck starts while you have a line cracked shut it off quickly and go tighten all of the lines to make sure there are no fuel leaks. If you have the stock fuel filter housing you should have a hand priming pump on that. That will just help make sure there is some fuel supplied to the pump. It will take some cranking to get it going, as you have to purge all the air out, and air compresses a lot more readily than diesel, so a little bit of air can sit in the lines for a while before it would get forced out.

Array
    Status
    salt lake city, UT
    Vehicle

Engine

4D56-T
    after more bleeding at the injector nut, and taking a few cranks with the glowplugs out, i managed to get it turned over. thanks

Array
    Status
    Owensboro, KY
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D56-T
    Good call on the glow plugs. Your starter was probably much happier once you took them out

Array
    Status
    Alberta canada
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Pajero
    Engine

4D56-T
    Even better is to remove the timing plug on the head and pump/suck fuel till it's leaking out that location. Then bleed lines by cranking. Saves your vane pump wear and tear from running dry. <br>If hand vacuum pump is on hand, you can pull fuel from the return line nipple.<br>