Thread: Can I remove wiring with a Weber swap?

Array
    Status
    Denver
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Other

Can I remove wiring with a Weber swap?

I'm about finished with my Weber swap on my 1988 Ram 50 2.6 and was curious if I can remove the wiring that went to my Mikuni carb. I don't want to just cut wires and jack things up, but if I can simply unplug some wiring to clean things up some more that would be awesome. I've already taken off all the emissions and ordered up the correct plugs for the intake. Thank you for any help!

Array
    Status
    Denver
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Other
    Don't mind the fuel pump wiring for the relay, it's on the to do list. I pulled the motor and cleaned up and resealed everything. Everything is pretty much new except the 95k original mile rotating assembly. I bought a mechanical non jet head from Clearwater Cylinder Heads along with ARP studs and an oem headgasket. I'm hoping to get it running soon.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    You can at least disconnect the terminal block for the pigtail of wiring that went to the Mikuni itself and any other wiring attached to that same connector, and remove the big control box on the driver's inner fender and any vacuum hoses and wiring connected to that. This will leave the rest of the harness on the other side of those connectors, no harm to just leave it there and IMO more of a PITA to selectively remove that than it's worth.
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")

Array
    Status
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    +1 on SubGothius's suggestion. Just cover and secure the now superfluous harness connectors. They'll be fine that way and save you time and potential electrical problems if you do anything more.

Array
    Status
    Denver
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Other
    Quote Originally Posted by FMS88 View Post
    +1 on SubGothius's suggestion. Just cover and secure the now superfluous harness connectors. They'll be fine that way and save you time and potential electrical problems if you do anything more.

Sounds good! I wasn't for sure if it was worth it or not. Sounds like most everyone just leaves them, so I will follow suit. Thank you!

Array
    Status
    Denver
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Other
    Sounds good! I wasn't for sure if it was something simple or not. Sounds like most everyone just leaves them, I think I'll do the same. Thanks for the help!