Array
    Status
    Cape Coral Florida
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

2013 land Rover bench seat

Seen another feller on here who did this so I kinda stole the idea.

2013 Land Rover back bench seat (cup holders)
    Yes, it fits. Fits perfectly.
    Found the best looking one I could find at the wreckers an turned out to match my interior pretty well. Got lucky haha
    No welding, cut the feet off stock bench. Drilled holes in Rover seat, threaded em. Bolted to Rover seat. Had to drill and thread new holes in the floor for the back feet of the bench.

Ripped old carpet out, smelt a combination of musty hippies and wet dog. Managed to find a company that makes vinal prints of the floor for the Max's and 50s, not perfect..lots of cut to fit but can't complain to much.
    Days work and some choices words, turned out pretty good.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other

looking good

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    It is amazing how close the bench fits from side to side in the cab. This looks like it might become a thing as long as you can live with the void where the wheel arch would normally be. One thing that trucks don't have to worry about is the cab folding up from taking the roof off. This looks like a fun cruiser
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Cape Coral Florida
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Thanks fellas
    The bench still has the ability to fold forward also, enough room for a scissor jack and some tools.
    I haven't came up with a solid plan for the awkward wheel well voids yet. Was thinking maybe speakers? In a very custom box..
    Idk I've been focusing on my radiator swap lately. Just got it all wrapped up for the most part, waiting on a damn thermo switch to get here so I can finish it an get him back on the road.

Array
    Status
    Cape Coral Florida
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Thanks fellas
    The bench still has the ability to fold forward also, enough room for a scissor jack and some tools.
    I haven't came up with a solid plan for the awkward wheel well voids yet. Was thinking maybe speakers? In a very custom box..
    Idk I've been focusing on my radiator swap lately. Just got it all wrapped up for the most part, waiting on a damn thermo switch to get here so I can finish it an get him back on the road.
    But yea, definitely fun to cruise on. Can't go anywhere in it with the top off with out some one asking about it. Then they're confused because they've never heard of a Mighty Max lol

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hmm, speaker enclosures... should be able to fit at least a 5.25" driver in there. The trick will be being able to mount it to something securely. Maybe small storage boxes as an alternative?
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Cape Coral Florida
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Yea the storage idea has been thrown around a bit.
    Think I'm gonna try and shoot for speakers an if all else fails they'll be storage compartments.
    We'll see how she goes

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    You did a great job. It looks very nice.

Array
    Status
    Cape Coral Florida
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Thanks B-line.
    Honestly a bit upset with how the vinal floor came out. Wasnt the best mold of the floor pan. Lots of cutting and fitting and heating with a heat gun.
    Good enough for who it's for what I always say

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Yeah it seems too much to ask to find a supplier that can actually make carpet or vinyl fit correctly. I think vinyl is harder to deal with than carpet as it's less forgiving to pull into shape and any little mistakes trimming it can't be hidden easily. Anyone that complains that it isn't 'perfect' has never done it. My hat off to you for giving it a shot though. It looks really good

Array
    Status
    Cape Coral Florida
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Carpet is MUCH easier to work with! The vinal was a nightmare, especially in the SWFL sun. Only spot that I trimmed poorly was around the shifter hole. Cut a bit big but managed to hide it some what. Never worked with vinal before lol tbh probably the last time I do

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    The vinyl flooring in my truck is not perfect either ~ another guy did it not me ~ its pretty thick stuff maybe 3/32" ?

Your truck looks great

Array
    Status
    Cape Coral Florida
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Yea that's about how thick mine is as well. honestly wasn't to impressed with the mold quality, Florida sun heated it up and it lost all it's form. Had to use the wife's hair dryer once I had it laid out on the floor to get some of the molding back haha.
    An thanks, was definitely worth it. Can't beat the cup holder in the center! Now of I could just keep my head liner glued down

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by ConvertibleMaxx View Post
    An thanks, was definitely worth it. Can't beat the cup holder in the center! Now of I could just keep my head liner glued down
    The OEM headliner material is a pain to glue back (the foam backing just crumbles...) I did a roof liner with upholstery vinyl and used a decent quality spray glue adhesive. Just make sure the roof is really clean and spray the adhesive on both the cab roof and the back of the liner material with good coverage on a warm day to allow the solvents to evaporate off a bit.

Array
    Status
    Cape Coral Florida
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    I did a customer liner on original liner board. Scraped all the old foam and crusty shit off an tried to get away with just glueing the board to the ceiling. My problem is I live in SWFL and the sun heats my roof up causing the glue to fail. I used 3M interior adhesive, lasts for a few weeks then fails. Now that my leaking issue is to a minimal I might buy a new head liner and redo it all together.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Maxx
    My 1989 Chevy Celebrity had a molded fiberglass shell for a headliner ~ it was held in by the window trim screws & it had a foam backed cloth covering which was 3M glued on ~ thats the way GM did it ~ others here (tortron) installed theirs to just rest onto the surrounding sheet metal just below the roof metal
    Spackle putty for drywall repair also worked OK to repair the fiberglass shell

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I used a spray glue that was available through a local hardware chain. The stuff grabbed like death - I used it to bond an entire roof card in a Nissan and a cargo floor and custom cover panel in another project. Never let go in 15 years. My city has ferocious summers and winter can get pretty damned cold too.
    They stopped stocking the stuff on the shelves and I can't remember what the brand was

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    If that store is still in business and still has some old-timers working there, can't hurt to call or go in and ask them if they remember that stuff, might get lucky and spark the last brain cell that still knows the answer.
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by SubGothius View Post
    If that store is still in business and still has some old-timers working there, can't hurt to call or go in and ask them if they remember that stuff, might get lucky and spark the last brain cell that still knows the answer.
    They have a store policy to interact with every customer - they say "HI!"... and then split It's a major retail chain that are mostly warehouse-styled so staff 'can' (depending on the planetary alignment etc) help you find something in general but not a specific product.