Array
    Status
    los angeles, ca
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Finally starting

Finally starting my project on a 1979 Dodge D50. My great grandfather was the original owner and he purchased it brand new. So far I’ve done a basic time up with filter, oil, plugs, wires, etc.
    This next week I will begin the suspension. Replacing all or as many items as I can on the front and rear.
    Truck runs great so far and I don’t think I’ll need a tear down or rebuild.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. A survivor truck with one owner! And it looks like it's in pretty good shape too. The engine should be a 4G52 2.0. We have a thread for all new-to-D50/MM truck owners on what to get onto first - http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...and-do-it-ASAP. I like the 4G52 engine - to me it's like the unsung hero of Astron engines. If it's a 4 speed you have the option of swapping a 5 speed from a later 5G54 2.6 optioned truck. These trucks are a good flexible platform to tinker with as a lot of parts from other models and generations of Mitsubishis with interchange. Keep us posted!
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Curious how you plan to use your truck ~ grocery getter freeway cruiser trailer queen ~ how is traffic in LA ?
    Welcome Here & your two posts in six years might be a record low here