Array
    Status
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72

1992 Mighty Max Restoration

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I purchased a 1992 Mighty Max 3.0L (6G72 engine) I'm currently restoring. I needed something for hunting/camping/fishing and can't afford to buy a new truck. I put a new LUK clutch in it including pilot and throwout bearing, fuel pump plus restored the tank, all new top end gaskets, new camshaft seals, valve guide seals, new timing belt, waterpump, radiator, all new coolant lines, TPS, IAC valve, distributor, pretty much everything is brand new. The truck has 177K on it. But, I have run into a couple of problems. The MAF was missing as well as part of the harness. I was able to purchase a used 055 MAF of Ebay as well as the pigtail out of a 3000GT. The problem is I need to match up the color coded wiring, I have had a terrible time finding diagrams/schematics. Apparently alot of these Mitsubishi's are wired a little different. The only common wires I have found are the green/Lime, Pink, white/black. My second issue is my shifter is really loose, I took it apart and found the plastic bushing that mates between the tranny and shifter was grennaded. I beleive it is a V5M21/KM145 I'm having a horrible time trying to find a part# I would appreciate any help, Thanks

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Welcome to the club! That Maf harness should be the same for all the generations that use it. Believe it started in 91 and ran though 99, then it got smaller and narrower. Any 3000GT maf would work like your stock unit. Like this MAF and harness:

Your trans is a V5MT1 only found in v6 trucks. However I believe the 4cly trucks might share the same ball. Worth scouring the junk yard to try it out.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    I think what I’m trying to say is that my trucks factory MAF wiring (Green/lime,pink,white/black, black, red/black, red/blue, red/green) do not match the 3000GT MAF pigtails color orientation so I don’t now what wire to connect to without a diagram/schematic of the engine computer system. I looked for numbers on my ECU to compare to Montero and others I found on line but there are no numbers on my ECU pins anywhere so I would need a pin-out or somebody to tell me 1-7 where my factory wires are supposed to be in the plug

Array
    Status
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    My MAF wiring harness has been cut, I’m dealing with bare wires trying to mate up to the 3000GT 055 MAF and pigtail. Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it. This is the only thing preventing me from start-up after all this hard work.

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    We should have access to a truck next week if you still need help.

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Hmmm...
    The below are from an FSM for an '93 Ram 50 6g72, looks same same to Your color code!?

Will be interesting to see if the 4 cam sensor & 2 cam sensor are compatible?
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I found a site with the 3000GT wiring harness pin outs for the MAF with the 8 pin plug. Pin out #8 is redundant so I'm guessing it is correct for a reference - https://manualmachine.com/mitsubishi...lement-manaul/

It shows which pin outs are for barometric pressure sensor power and signal to ECU, terminal voltage ign on, power supply voltages, earth continuity, air temp sensor and signal to ECU. Unfortunately no colour coding but it does show the orientation of the wires of the 8 pin plug. Don't know if it helps...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function