Array
    Status
    Cape Coral Florida
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Jet valve eliminator kit

Hey guys, just curious if anyone knows if a 2.6 JV elim kit will work on my 2.0.
    If not does anyone have a good link to purchase the proper eliminator kit?
    Greatly appreciated 🤙🏼

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    There are 2 different jet valve part # for the 4G54 and G63B - MD009440 for the 2.6/4G54 and MD088380 for the 2.0/G63B. I can find references for the 4G54 engine but haven't found anything for the G63B (doesn't mean that it's not compatible or it there isn't one)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Cape Coral Florida
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    I emailed the company that makes the 2.6 kit. They said it won't work, the 2.6 kit is specific to the 2.6 head. Asked if they make a 2.0 kit an he said no not enough demand for it ��
    I think #4 jet valves "face" burnt up. Haven't tore in to it just yet due to the rain down here in SWFL

Array
    Status
    Cape Coral Florida
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Geezer101 I ended up saying F-it and bought the 2.6l kit. Bolts are actually about 1mm shorter than the jet valve. Threads matched. Gonna reassemble today if weather stays half decent.
    Should I be worried about damage to #4 piston? Is there a chance the head of the jet valve is sitting on top of the piston waiting to have a hay day? Sorry if these are rookie questions.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Yeah, be worried about anything that shouldn't be bouncing around in the combustion chamber. It will damage the combustion chamber roof, leaving dents in the metal (these will promote hot spots/detonation) it can/will also damage a valve seat and valve - even bending a valve if you get really unlucky. If it gets pinned against the edge of the piston face and the outer edge of the combustion chamber it can deform the piston and scar the bore wall. All of the above SUCK. Remove the spark plug from the offending cylinder and try to fish out the ass end of the collapsed jet valve if you are able to. Don't know how successful you'll be as most guys will take the head off to do any kind of head maintenance.
    The jet valve delete being slightly shorter shouldn't have a measurable impact on engine performance, but kudos to you for giving it a shot
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    So is the head of that burnt jet valve completely or partially missing? Or is it intact but deformed-looking, leading you to wonder if some slag may have melted off it?

You might get one of those telescoping probes with the mini-magnet on the end, fish that around through the spark plug hole and see if it picks anything up in there. If not, there's still a chance any damage has already been done; short of sticking an illuminated borescope in there to look around, the only way to know for sure is to pull the head.
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by SubGothius View Post
    So is the head of that burnt jet valve completely or partially missing? Or is it intact but deformed-looking, leading you to wonder if some slag may have melted off it?

You might get one of those telescoping probes with the mini-magnet on the end, fish that around through the spark plug hole and see if it picks anything up in there. If not, there's still a chance any damage has already been done; short of sticking an illuminated borescope in there to look around, the only way to know for sure is to pull the head.
    Maybe these guys https://www.unitedrentals.com/locations/fl/cape-coral#/ rent a flexible boroscope & he could make a video of the cylinder internals on an SD card..? Might as well do all the cylinders but have the spark plugs removed prior to renting the scope $$$

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    They make flexible borescope cameras that attach to your phone now (think there's an accompanying app that goes with it) Really cheap too compared to buying a purpose built endoscope inspection camera.

Array
    Status
    Gray,Georgia
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    By chance do you have a link to where you got the eliminator kit sadly I have 2 jet valves making some noise done took them out and cleaned them could not for the life of me find a eliminator kit and was about to buy a new cyl head with out jet valve ports.

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Array
    Status
    Cape Coral Florida
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Sorry for late reply on my own post haha.
    The goodsons 2.6 kit works in 2.0l and 2.4l.
    Shipping was extremely fast.
    Silver seal told me they didn't have a kit for a MM.

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by ConvertibleMaxx View Post
    Silver seal told me they didn't have a kit for a MM.
    They may not list the MM specifically as a confirmed application, but as long as it's the same engine as a same-year Ram 50 could have, it should work fine.

AFAICT the OEM jet valve #MD009440 that the eliminators replace is the one used in any MM/D-50/Ram 50 engine that has jet valves at all, so it should work in any of them.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    *ignore the recommended vehicle application and use the engine designation. The 4G5X/4G6X engines were used in a ton of different vehicles

Array
    Status
    Cape Coral Florida
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Ahh sorry for the ignorance, I didn't know.
    New to the MM and ram50 world. So I appreciate the correction and knowledge you guys give.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    ...that's what we're here for! The golden age of Mitsubishi is well and truly over which is a shame. They were making a really diverse array of cars and commercial based vehicles, and their old school small cars were fun to drive - and hard to kill. Gen 1 and 2 trucks are the underdogs of truck culture. They probably won't ever be as celebrated as Toyotas or Nissan hardbodies which is a good and bad thing - good that they haven't been beaten and butchered by decades of short lived trends, but bad that they won't have a big enough market to encourage aftermarket suppliers to feed a demand for parts as they live past obsolescence... keep 'em alive folks!

Array
    Status
    Kendallville, IN
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Just bought an elimination kit. Shipping is a killer on those. I'm not having issues but I like preventing them!