Array
    Status
    Paris Texas
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

1988 mighty max mikuni vacuum line help

I am trying to find out what if anything should be on these empty ports on this mikuni carb . My fingers in pics point to them.

Attached Images
    Last edited by SubGothius; 06-07-2021 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Fix photo display

Array
    Status
    Paris Texas
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    I got pics to upload so never mind the help with that part now just need help with carb

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Is there an external vacuum switch mounted to the side of the engine bay somewhere? You have the electric choked version of the Mikuni/Solex carb that is relatively uncommon. That vacuum barb on top operates the choke release assist actuator (the diaphragm has probably gone bad in it anyway...) I found a vacuum line diagram but I'm not 100% sure it's the right one for your truck. In all honesty this carb is gonna give you nightmares. Kits are available to retrofit a Weber 2 barrel downdraft carb that will simplify the layout and massively improve reliability and performance. Lots of info on site if you want to investigate it.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Paris Texas
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    Seeing I'm no mechanic how hard is it to find someone to switch it over

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I think that's the biggest trick is to find someone who - A: knows old school, and B: won't gouge the hell out of you for the privilege. It's not that bad to DIY if you have some mechanical skill, but you need to be able to install an electric fuel pump and delete the fuel lines from the original mechanical pump. The Weber gets rid off all the external vacuum circuit and anti pollution crap (excluding the vac advance for the distributor). We've had one or 2 members who have taken their trucks to a 'mechanic' and not been able to get it running right after installing their carbs.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function