Array
    Status
    Rocky mount, NC
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72

90 mighty max 3.0l v6

I just bought a 1990 mm with the 3.0l v6. I having a problem with it cutting up. I put brand new plugs wires distributor cap rotor button fuel pump fuel filter clean the injectors clean the IAC I've tested the i a c and throttle position sensor truck won't idle nice as soon as you hit the gas pedal it starts to choke up and if you let off the gas pedal just a little bit it'll rev up great any ideas

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. First thing to do is an ECU error code check. Even if it doesn't 'tell' you the precise issue, it will give you clues on where to start looking. Another thing to keep in mind is the ECU's themselves are prone to failures from leaking capacitors. This can usually be identified by visually inspecting the ECU board. The capacitors will show signs of swelling and/or leakages onto the PCB. If you can use a soldering iron and are able to read the values off the sides of the capacitors this is something you can fix yourself.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Also check your PTU and distributor. Those have been know to fail and cause similar issues.

Array
    Status
    Rocky mount, NC
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    Would you be able to explain how to do this step by step

Array
    Status
    Rocky mount, NC
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    I was able to do a little more work to the truck i have not messed with the ecu. I was able to unplug the mass and get the truck to run up and down the road.. Anyone know where to get a new mass sensor?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    We had another member recently that had issues with a mass sensor. I recommended removing it and flushing it out with mass air flow cleaner or electronic component cleaner (stuff you buy in a spray can) in an attempt to get it working properly. Never heard how the other guy went with trying to fix their problem but I'd recommend you try the same thing. Do no use throttle body/carb cleaner as it could leave residue in the sensor and cause it to malfunction. 1990 trucks had year specific engine management and peripheral sensors (4G64 2.4) but IDK if it's the same scenario with the 6G72 3.0...

*good move on cleaning the IAC too
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function