Array
    Status
    East TN
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

1990 Might Max 2.4 ECI (4G64)

Alright guys, I'm new this this forum and I hope what I'm trying to explain makes sense. I'm not the most mechanically inclined person at all. I think I attached 2 pictures of the sensor that I'm trying to replace. I've went everyone with no luck trying to match it up. The sensor is a 5 pin sensor right below the throttle cable. The guy I bought the truck from said that the sensor was failing so he unplugged it and has been driving it since. It does run without the sensor plugged in as well. I had the sensor plugged up for a while and it was working like it was suppose to. Check engine light was off and everything. I was coming through town and the engine just started revving high like you had the gas pedal to the floor. I pulled over, turned off the engine and fired it back up. As soon as i started back engine continued revving very high like you had the pedal to the floor. I unplugged the sensor and have been driving it ever since. The check engine light is back on. I would like to replace the sensor but have no idea what its call or where to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    East TN
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?

Throttle body sensor help

Anyone know what this sensor is and where I can get another one. I've searched all over with no success.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    It appears to be a MAP sensor. I'm not having any luck with matching it up with anything online. Try removing the sensor and spraying it out with an electronic parts cleaner or a MAF sensor cleaner. Don't use a throttle body or carb cleaner as it can leave residue on it and make it malfunction. Remove and clean the IAC valve next to it as well. They can get gummed up with crap and cause idle/running issues. Good luck!
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    East TN
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    Ok thanks Geezer I appreciate your time. I will try to clean both parts together.

Array
    Status
    Riverside California
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    This sensor lets the ecu know how much the idle air control valve is open