Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6

CB Radio Install

Found a great spot for a CB Radio.

It will remove some storage but if you dont have a dash clock like me then you'll understand.

The first gen rams have a few food spots to hang a CB radio. The second gen is a whole new interior and if any of yall have ever worked in there... it really is made for a 4 foot japanese man. Not a 6+ foot guy like me. Theres not really any good places to mount a cb and besides it's a cheap plastic dash anyways do good luck drilling a hole.

So I trimmed a hole.

I first removed the dash panel the ac and radio is on. I then removed the pocket from the panel. It is held in by 2 Phillip's screws. Then I trimmed the outer lip. Ran the wires up from the passenger side of the dash for the antenna and the PA speaker. The power wires sit on the drivers side and run through that grommet at the top left of the firewall. The microphone doesnt sit back quite far enough.

Then I just slid the radio in its spot. It holds tight, it's pretty secure as is. The mic output on my cb lines up with about how far back the cb can go in the dash.

Also remember every cb radio is different. Mine is about 40 years old. Still works 
    Attached Images
    Last edited by SubGothius; 05-03-2021 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Fix photo display

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The first Gen cabs are 'cozier' and are, well, lets say more agricultural compared to a second Gen cab. 2 ways have changed radically before they basically became obsolete - a new Uniden is 1/4 the size of that gadget but yours look cool!
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function