Thread: Proud owner 85 D50 (New to me)

Array
    Status
    Gray,Georgia
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    Yeah i've been trying to be active on here but just been busy with everything else I drove to South Carolina picked up a Engine and Transmission for $200 Engine was pulled due to a few jet valve issues and the owner is now using the truck as a storage bin till he can get around to dropping a 2.3 in it from a ranger lol so i got a driveshaft,Engine,Transmission plus all hardware and everything also came with a new Dizzy,New Starter,Semi new clutch lol and new shifter bearings everything had 202k miles he did say the transmission might have been gone threw at one point but he couldn't remember to me it looks like it has shaft play is like zero I just gotta save my pennies till i can afford a clutch kit and a clutch cable mine is starting to fray and i know my clutch is not in the best.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Replace the clutch cable ASAP ~ don't wait for it to break..! Hope you have great roadside assitance with your insurance policy & expect to have a tow if that cable breaks...

Array
    Status
    Gray,Georgia
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by xboxrox View Post
    Replace the clutch cable ASAP ~ don't wait for it to break..! Hope you have great roadside assitance with your insurance policy & expect to have a tow if that cable breaks...
    Truck ain't going anywhere anytime soon I've yet to pull my blown transmission as I can't do it by myself due to my health.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Oh darn Gremlin,
    Praying you feel better soon & able to get the help you need getting your truck running...

Array
    Status
    Gray,Georgia
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    Had the other half decide the Gremlin had been sitting for to long and we both got under it had issues removing the drain plug it almost knocked her out took a while to break it loose but transmission was not terrible just some shavings and a few knocked off teeth and a damaged shift fork as well as the front input and rear bearing being pretty much gone it wasnt terrible between both of us we got it fixed truck has been running great for the last week other than oil pressure has been a bit hit or miss has yet to drop to 0 but gonna end up pulling the engine apart possibly this winter or January as long as my other half keeps driving me to work on the Gremlin it will stay around lol, Hell we have already been talking about dropping in a Buick 215 or a Rover Aluminum V8 and keeping it manual but who knows we will see.

Array
    Status
    Gray,Georgia
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    Was helping a friend and had someone knock and break the driver side mirror off so slapped on some c10 mirrors they work decent but take some time getting used to.

Here is a photo I ment to post in the update above from when the truck was sitting with transmission issues.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Green Gremlin looks pretty good ~ do you have a photo of the C10 mirror mounted on the door..? Sounds like you made good progress getting your truck improved ~ IMHO it is best to keep Mitsubishi parts & drivetrain ~ Ford Ranger 'n Buick NAH
    Daily Overhauls Do Get Expensive

Array
    Status
    Gray,Georgia
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    I currently do not have a photo but they are just Ebay StreetRod 4" universal door Edge mirrors knock off pillar C10 mirrors chrome is nice been on the truck for a few rain storms no rusting also i did have to bend the brackets a bit for me to see but they clip on using 2 allen screws and i do recommend Lock Tite also the passenger side is more or less for show to be honest because i mostly just look out the rear mirror with my seating position being the way it is.
    Green Gremlin looks pretty good ~ do you have a photo of the C10 mirror mounted on the door..? Sounds like you made good progress getting your truck improved ~ IMHO it is best to keep Mitsubishi parts & drivetrain ~ Ford Ranger 'n Buick NAH

Array
    Status
    Gray,Georgia
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    Well small update when I parked the truck 3 weeks ago it was at 10psi of oil pressure I made it back home from being OTR

Array
    Status
    Gray,Georgia
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    (Damn signal and phone service) Just got back in town from being OTR and went to start it 0psi of pressure shut if off have not pulled the front cover or anything I fear either my balance shaft belt failed or it seized up a damn Balance shaft how screwed am I? I have already started to look for a non jet valve head and a oil pump and balance shaft delete kit Is this even worth it because the only shop that is willing to rebuild it wants almost $1800 for it to be reworked and this is me providing the parts.

Array
    Status
    Gray,Georgia
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    Update on the ol Gremlin she is down for the count (for now) didn't let the rain stop me threw together a temp cover and tore into it sadly my fear turned to be true balance shaft frozen up broke the belt and when turning the oil pump side its a bit on the stiff side drained the oil and nice and Shiny, But inspecting the rod bearings they don't look to have gotten hit terribly nore the crank bearings gonna end up working the frozen shaft out and doing the delete but big question how does the extra vibration effect the oil pump? I remember reading when doing the balance delete you gotta swap oil pump gears? Also sorry for lack of photos have not been in the picture taking mood ending up loosing my husky of 12 years that has been in my other past photos someone decided that they deserved her more than the person who raised her and legit stole her from my yard back in December.
    Attached Images

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234