Array
    Status
    Owatonna, mn
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

92 mighty max transmission trouble

I have a 92 mighty max with the 2.4l engine and the transmission went out on the highway yesterday. There was no indication that it would fail, it just went out. I don't hear any grinding noises, but I get nothing out of any of the selections on the gear shift. Can anyone help me? This is my only way of getting to work at the moment

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Manual or automatic transmission? If manual, more likely the clutch just wore out, though you would have noticed it slipping more and more in recent days.
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    If it's a manual shift, you at least have a fighting chance of getting a clutch kit over the counter. If it's an auto you will have to jump through hoops by either having a shop repair it (if they know what they're doing) or going to a JY and trying your luck there. A clutch in these isn't a complete disaster to do but you have to know how to wield a wrench and have somewhere to do it...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Owatonna, mn
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Thanks for the replies guys, it is an automatic unfortunately. I do work at autozone and sourced a rebuild kit for the tranny for about $250. I'll call a couple junkyards in minnesota on Monday to see if they have a tranny I could swap in. I'm also considering swapping the engine if it's possible.