Array
    Status
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G37

Front Bumper options?

Buddy of mine gave me his 85 mighty max, i'm working on fixing a ton of things. One thing on the list is the front bumper and the front spoiler(?). It's pushed in quite a bit and the "spoiler" is really banged up. Anyone have a guide on how to fit a toyota bumper or alternative here? Sourcing a new one has not been very successful so retrofitting maybe the only solution.

Thanks in advance.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    available new.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-...gAAOSwxXZcasCX

also available in black, but i think its still chrome underneath.

We have them cheaper over here, so have a look They come out of thailand so you will find others

search terms l200

There were a couple different variants of the 1st gen bumpers, mine is one with no cutouts for indicators (but just weld the holes up and its the same)

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I'd give the inside of the repro bumper a coat or 2 of epoxy paint to protect it from rusting. I have a feeling one of my bumpers is a repro and the inside surface rust isn't great.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G37
    Thank you! I'll look around and pick one up. Any options for the lower "spoiler"? not sure what you'd call it.

Thanks Geezer, I definitely will be. I'll be painting it black more than likely anyways so i'll be taking proper steps to ensure she stays in one piece.

Array
    Status
    Newburgh, NY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I believe that the "spoiler" you are referring to is called the valance panel. They are easy to find for '87 and older trucks, but you might be able to find one for your '85 by using that term in your searches. Good luck.

Array
    Status
    North Carolina
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Maybe this will help:
    https://parts.puentehillsmitsubishi....LE/624030.html

I haven't done any business with them but they appear to have alot of first gen parts.

Array
    Status
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G37
    Appreciate you, i actually had tried to order a new driver side window from them only to get a cancellation email two days later. I'd assume the same for the rest unfortunately. I think i'm gonna just try and source a new valance panel (thanks MrPaco) and pick up an l200 bumper.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I bought a wrecked L200 (D50/Gen 1) that had a front air dam from a Volvo 240 mounted to the lower inner edge of the front bumper. Wasn't a 'perfect' fit but with a little trimming and some heat it doesn't look too bad at all...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G37
    I actually saw something like that on the web today, it really didn't look too bad at all.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Here's the one I have from my salvage truck - http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ll=1#post55576

Array
    Status
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G37
    That looks damn good… I actually found an 85 in GOOD shape at a local LKQ, but i won't be able to get there until saturday and by then, i'm sure it will be stripped… so we will see… If it's not, i'll be taking both fenders, hood, cowl, bumper, valance and the bench seat (no tears etc…) haha. Fingers crossed.