Array
    Status
    Norway
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4G63

Lightbulb Window weather strip for 1978-1986 L200 Mighty Max

I've been searching for a while for window weather strips for my 1985 L200, and it's been near impossible to find.

Mine were rotten and let in water into the doors, and from the doors the water flowed to the floor. The doors and parts of the floor have become rusty because of this. I gave up looking and just sealed the weather strips with black Tec7 which kinda worked, except I couldn't lower my windows.

However, today I tried searching again, and found these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-...72.m2749.l2649

Here are the ones for the split-window type: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-...IAAOSwpqJf2Lmz

Thought someone here might need these.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    cheers, i probably need some of these as theres always an inch of rusty water in my passenger footwell

Array
    Status
    Carson City, Nevada
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G52
    I had a similar issue. There are a ton of parts available from Thailand. They offer all of the window felts, door insulators, ad many other miscellaneous parts.
    I use the search "Mitsubishi L200", "Mighty Max" or "Dodge D50" on eBay,and they seems to work the best.

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    I wonder how well they fit? I saw them for the second gen trucks and was curious of the quality .

I had purchased the door strikers for a second gen since they were about 14$ shipped. They dont fit. The plastic coating is too thick. Not sure yet if I want to return them or just shave them down a bit to work

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    Oh and I just saw this too Mightymax-d50man.com

Array
    Status
    Carson City, Nevada
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G52
    I bought a set of window channel felts on eBay from the "Atomboys" in Thailand.
    They shipped them with FedEx express and they arrived in 5 days - free shipping!
    I installed the driver side last night, fit like a charm.
    The wind noise was miserable, and now?
    Almost silent.

I also bought a set of tail lights from the same guys. I had to re-pin and rewire the driver side because the running light and brake light were switched. The wires were a little too short, so I used the factory wiring and plug.
    Worked out well.
    The fit was pretty good, and the new lenses were good too.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The Mazda B2600/Ford Courier uses similar weather strips + they have plastic strip clips instead of the metal ones (much easier to find than the Mitsubishi metal clips and don't scratch the paint off under the strip causing rust). The Mazda/Ford ones are slightly longer so you'll need to trim them down with a sharp knife.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function