Array
    Status
    Glendale AZ
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

G63b

My trucks engine (2.0) took a dump and now I need to locate a short block. After searching the local classified i realize i wont find anything.

So my question is if anyone knows for sure of another car/truck that uses the same g63b block.
    I found out through wiki some lancers use the 4g63. The junkyard had a ton of lancers but the blocks they all had didn't look like a g63b.

Not sure if im reading bad info or the junkyard just doesn't have the right lancers. Any info will be appreciated!

Array
    Status
    redding ca
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    your motor will be a short block. ill believe you can use the motor out of early model expo's (pre 1992) by swapping a few parts. ill have to look. ive stepped away from the mitsu seen for a little bit but i now that by having a short block motor its easy to locate a replacement. what went wrong with the old motor?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    ^ *narrow block. The 6 bolt blocks for both single and twin cam engines are interchangeable. The 4G63 engines were found in earlier Lancers, Galants and Hyundais. So you can use a bottom end assembly from a twin cam and swap the single cam head onto it. Make it easy on yourself and pick a matching transmission combo for your truck to avoid flywheel/flex plate issues.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Glendale AZ
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by finalfighter View Post
    your motor will be a short block. ill believe you can use the motor out of early model expo's (pre 1992) by swapping a few parts. ill have to look. ive stepped away from the mitsu seen for a little bit but i now that by having a short block motor its easy to locate a replacement. what went wrong with the old motor?
    Replaced the distributor and the o-ring was the wrong thickness so over the course of a week it leaked all the oil out of it.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Oh damn, that isn't good. Didn't starve the engine out?
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Carson City, Nevada
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G52
    You can also bolt in a 2.6 engine and transmission (G54B).
    The 2.6 is usually easier to find but it's a "wide" block. The 2.0 transmission has a narrower bell housing.
    You would need the entire 2.6 package - engine mounts, exhaust manifold etc.
    Drive shafts are the same.
    I have seen them in Upulls more frequently than the 2.0 in California and Nevada yards.