Thread: LIMITED RUN! DGHeaders’ Tri-Y Paired Port Long Header (2.0L & 2.4L)

Array
    Status
    Benson, NC
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

LIMITED RUN! DGHeaders’ Tri-Y Paired Port Long Header (2.0L & 2.4L)

Fellow enthusiasts! As many of you know, headers for our PAIRED-PORT 2.0L engines are not mass produced. There have been a few limited runs from Australia and from DGHeaders out in Cali. But, both have stopped their limited production.

Well, it’s our lucky day! DGHeaders has agreed to do a LIMITED RUN of 10 Tri-Y long headers for the PAIRED-PORT 2.0L. If you have a paired-port engine, these long headers will fit. If we get 10 orders, the price is $650.00.

2 of 10 are spoken for. If you have serious interest, please message me and I’ll give you more information.

Let me answer a few questions before they are asked:
    1. No, I don’t have any dyno data.
    2. Freight shipping is NOT included in the $650.00 price tag.
    3. They are mild steel, so if you want them Cerakoted, you’ll have to do it yourself, or arrange it with DGHeaders at an additional cost.
    4. DGHeaders can put an O2 sensor port in, if you request it.

FITMENT: Any PAIRED-PORT Ram 50 or Mighty Max 2.0L and 2.4L.

So, who’s interested?

Attached Images

Array
    Status
    RIVERDALE GA
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I would like a set with the 02 bung installed if they are still available.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Nice Handiwork Downeast Beast

I'm interested to know

a) What driveability changes are to be expected?
    b) Why are these not made for the 2.6L engine trucks?
    c) Why not made with stainless steel tube?
    d) Bends are mandrel bent (?) & what is diameter and thickness of tube?
    e) Will catalytic converters be ok to use with these headers?
    f) TIG or MIG welded?

Most Respectfully,
    George

Array
    Status
    Benson, NC
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Please give Dominic at DG Headers a call at (916) 883-1400. He will talk to you about the long header you are interested in. Make sure you tell him you’d like an O2 bung.

Array
    Status
    Benson, NC
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Xboxrox: I’ll try to answer what I can. They used to make the evenly spaced port headers as well. The demand isn’t high enough to produce them beyond individual requests. You’d need to ask them about the 2.6L version. I’m sure they will do stainless, but it’ll cost much more. Yes, mandrel bent, and 100% TIG.

Please give Dominic a call at DG Headers. He can answer the other questions. He is truly one of the best fabricators I’ve ever worked with.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Majority of headers are all mild steel that are mandrel bent. Stainless is $$$ to do, requires TIG welding and there aren't any new vehicles using the venerable AstronI/II in front of rear wheel drive. And now the EPA has turned full fascist by cracking down hard on aftermarket performance parts suppliers. If you can get a set of headers new anywhere now, you'd better hurry before the sale of them are banned
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by Downeast Beast View Post
    Xboxrox: I’ll try to answer what I can. They used to make the evenly spaced port headers as well. The demand isn’t high enough to produce them beyond individual requests. You’d need to ask them about the 2.6L version. I’m sure they will do stainless, but it’ll cost much more. Yes, mandrel bent, and 100% TIG.

Please give Dominic a call at DG Headers. He can answer the other questions. He is truly one of the best fabricators I’ve ever worked with.
    OK thank you'z, I read geezer's post too ~ get em while you can, everything is going electric ~ electric cars need after market sound effects ~ most of em make this silly low volumn oem whine to prevent people that get run over from claiming I did'nt see it or hear it..!!! electric cars should have sound effects like these:

a) Loud Mufflers & Headers
    b) Revving gas Engine
    c) 18 wheeler compression braking
    d) V12 Italian Super car blip of throttle
    e) burnouts squealing tires
    etc, etc... we don't wanna forget our roots sounds

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    ...new cars look and sound like electric shavers - and now you can plug them in like one too

Non electric cars have fake sound effects added to them (VW is the biggest culprit for this garbage) but if the silicon chip shortage gets worse car manufacturers will have to completely shut down their production lines and my bet is this will really hit Tesla.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    ...new cars look and sound like electric shavers - and now you can plug them in like one too

Non electric cars have fake sound effects added to them (VW is the biggest culprit for this garbage) but if the silicon chip shortage gets worse car manufacturers will have to completely shut down their production lines and my bet is this will really hit Tesla.
    Or switch to the good ole points system with a mechanical carburetor. All I need is a positive, a ground, and a ignition wire and I can drive anywhere I need to go.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    ^ I like old school tuning. It's a quickly fading art. I have stashed a points distributor for just in case things go 'bad'. I could adjust the gap accuracy by feel back in the day but haven't needed to use that skill set in a loooong time

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    ^ I like old school tuning. It's a quickly fading art. I have stashed a points distributor for just in case things go 'bad'. I could adjust the gap accuracy by feel back in the day but haven't needed to use that skill set in a loooong time
    Back in the day of points ignition we used a matchbook cover to set the gap which IF I am right was about .015"