Array
    Status
    nebraska
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

84 D50 price

i found one for sale, $2500.00 he's wanting for it. 2.6 + 5 sp, 4x4, it looks fairly straight w/ minimal rust, cracked windshield, couple dents, less than 100k miles, says it uses a little oil, decent tires. what are thots on his price, too high or within reason? i know these are neat little trucks but seems a little high to me. He says he's firm on price so...

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Before committing, do a search on windscreen availability. You may have trouble locating a new replacement. Use this as leverage to beat the price down. You should be able to source a used one from a JY but there's a risk of splitting it during removal if you're 'enthusiastic' (STUPID). If you are getting JY glass, take the retaining strips as well if they're intact. They're not easy to find and spares are a good idea. Without actually being able to look at the truck in person, the pricing is subjective. But I think a straight, intact and reasonably well maintained truck would fetch around the owners' asking price. No guarantee the mileage is authentic. Oil use can be rectified with a freshen up of the head (new valve stem seals, valve seats cut and general inspection if the head). Valve stem seals go hard after approx 10 years of service - more if the engines been serviced annually. 4x4's experience sagging front torsion bars, so check ride height and take it for a test drive to see if it's doing anything sketchy. They have a habit of sagging more on one side - use a tape measure to check tire to fender clearance to scare the guy lol. Otherwise treat it like any other used car - look under it for physical damage, obvious suspension component wear, holes in the exhaust system etc.

RUST* - frame to body mounts especially in the rear wheel wells, cab rocker panels and door jambs along the lower hinge pillars. Blisters of rust along the seam where the cab air channel is spot welded to the ledge along the firewall in the engine bay may indicate something more sinister is going on in there. The drain channel into the fenders will clog up with garbage and debris and are a known issue for causing rust and water to enter the cab if not cleaned out.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Compare it to all brands of any truck being sold for $2,500.00 ~ #3 stimulous check is on it's way soon

1 -- $1,200.00
    2 -- $600.00
    3 -- $1,400.00
    4 -- AOC (?) wants $2,000.00 more