Thread: 1992 mighty max driver side back fender swap help?

Array
    Status
    Bakersfield , ca
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G61

Question 1992 mighty max driver side back fender swap help?

Im trying to get some advice on fixing my driver side back fender or skirt I've never done body work before. my grandpa ended up getting rear end in the grocery store parking lot I will post a picture but what I'm asking is there a way to fix it or would I have to get a whole new bumper/fender because I know it's like welded on or something? Any advice would be awesome thanks in advance.

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    How bad is the damage? Consider swapping out a better condition bed from a donor truck? Its only a couple of bolts and small wiring to detach.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    i believe the US market bed skirts bolt on and off, other markets (mine) were welded on

Post a picture up, depending on the damage it might just be able to pop back out with minimal effort

If the metal is stretched and creased it takes a bit more work, but even then someone mildly competent in panel beating (if such a thing exists any more, i keep getting work because all the workshops here only bolt on new panels) would be able to fix it in short order.

The good news is, generally you can get it 90% good very quickly, and a thin skim of filler takes care of the rest

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    of course, pictures are most important here, as far as we know the whole side is stoved in and the chassis is a banana