Array
    Status
    Seattle, wa
    Vehicle

1980 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Intro

Hi everyone! I recently bought an orange truck bed trailer that I think came from a Plymouth arrow sport from between 1978 and 1980. It’s got a lot of rust which has made some pretty big holes in the bed so I’m mostly looking for advice on patching the bed while keeping the original appearance as intact as possible. It’s such a cool color/design and I don’t want to spend a lot fixing it up, so I’m just clear coating the outside despite the rust spots, but the bed needs some repair.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    I have almost finished restoring the bed of my one. Are you able to link some photos? Typically they rust out at the seams. If its the tray itself then its actually quite easy to unpick the panel and replace (expecially if you say replace it with some flat steel or checkerplate rather than a swaged panel)

some pics here
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...L200-ClubSport

mine is a NZ built tray, so is a little different to yours but is close enough

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Nice, welcome to the club. Best to do a fully body examination. Lots of rusted as well as rubber parts start to fail over time.