Cullman, AL
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Two Tone Color Codes

Can someone translate this for me:
    X96X15K78 83E 031

1988 Ram 50, Black over Gold two tone paint scheme. I need to order some paint and I'm having a hard time nailing down the codes. I think it is X15: Serbian Black over K78: Valencia Gold Metallic, but I'm not 100% sure.

And I have no clue what the other numbers mean. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance. :-)

Array
    Status
    Newburgh, NY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I think you are correct. X96 refers to that specific color combo (black/gold), followed by the paint codes for those two colors.
    I don't know what the other two sets of letters/numbers mean, but I know they are not related to the paint. I know because I was in your shoes last year and did as much research as I could into this. I think that you have all the info you need to order the paint. I ordered it from here and has happy with the product:
    https://www.automotivetouchup.com/

Array
    Status
    Cullman, AL
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks MrPaco!! I've used automotivetouchup.com before and have had good luck with them. And yeah, I did a lot of looking/researching and found a lot of information, but none specific to the two tone paint schemes. Thanks again!!

Array
    Status
    Newburgh, NY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I know what you mean, I had a hard time figuring out my color scheme too.
    My '87 is also a two tone, in the same style as yours with the stripes (I assume), but in gray and silver. The color code tag on my truck only lists the code for the color combo, H16, but not what the codes of the actual colors are. I think that on the '88 trucks it lists the whole thing, color combo code and actual paint color codes, but not in '87. Finally found the color codes with the help of another member here.

Now that you brought it up I'm still curious about the two sets of letter/numbers that are on the same line as the paint color codes. It would be interesting to find out what those mean.