Array
    Status
    Nelson BC
    Vehicle

1983 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G52

1983 D50 - Odometer question

Hey everybody! Im a new owner of a 1983 dodge D50 rwd. The story goes that shes only had one owner and for the last 12 years has been parked in a garage. So, shes in great shape. Apart for some rust on the frame and a slow leak in the rear differential, theres no aparent issues. Ive been crusing around for the two weeks since i picked her up and i have to say, im in love. The person who sold it to me inherited the truck. Theres 76,000 km on the odometer and he told me those are original. For the condition shes in im not suprised. Though I just realized today the odometer only has 5 figures + the 0.1km counter. So it appears theres no room for a 6th figure. What happens when the vehicle reaches 100,000km? Does the odometer reset at 99,999? Would the 0.1km counter (the white number) start counting 1km therefore allowing the odometer to read 100,000km? (This is my best guess)
    Maybe this is common knowledge but I have never owned a vehicle with under 100,000km!

My second question is, what is the value of a truck like this? I guess its hard to determine without inspection but with my description and these few pictures, could you say approximately?

Im very happy to have found this forum. I love my d50.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    it will just roll over to all zeros. I have never seen one that only has 5 digits. I guess it's a KM thing.
    First thing to do is change the fuel filter and timing belts. Age is a big factor on them parts no matter how low the miles.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    ???
    Are You living in Sacramento Ca???
    ???

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Yeah that is kinda odd. Any chance you can post up a pic of your instrument cluster? I have the export market truck (Australia) and the odometer has 6 digits for km's and the white display for x100m. The really early trucks might have only had a 5 digit odometer (79-80) so there's a possibility the cluster was swapped

As for the value of these trucks - it's subjective. History, condition, options and whatever a seller can get for it vs what a buyer is prepared to pay. Honestly I think a really clean original Gen 1 with low mileage should fetch between $3-5k (Sport or Royal). A special like a Prospector...? - don't know. They are pretty rare to start off with. Only the chosen few have got them on the site
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I think most folks in USA with enough secure income during the pandemic to be using $300 to $500 a month buying or fixing a motor vehicle are NOT looking to buy a 30 to 40 year old vehicle that only seats two persons comfortably & that no doubt will need $ monthly $ maintenace well beyond just gasoline WILL NOT BUY IT they can get 0 down 0 three months payments & 0 % interest X 7 years to either buy or lease a brand spanking new smell 7 passenger hot rod dependable warrantied vehicle that can keep up with traffic... Breakdowns are dangerous & invite crime, Mitsubishi parts are near impossible to find...

The value ???

No malice intended -- I like your truck & I like driving my truck too... Fixing it sucks... My next vehicle IF EVER will not be a Ram50 or MM -- they belong more off road or in a museum and NOT on modern day public roads... I own one coz I am not wealthy but it's my only vehicle... I'm allowed only one parking spot at my apartment bldg... I make sure to take a fully charged cell phone, drinking water and my insurance company & the local towing company are contacts on my phone... Driving in cold weather zones, I would take blankets & survival gear to wait for the tow truck...

Windward Ford Kailua has some nice trucks once you get into six figure prices...
    Ref: https://carsalesbase.com/us-dodge-ram-50/

edit: Asked my wife today if I could buy another Ram 50 when/if this one bites the dust & she said (much to my surprise) sure, I like this truck..!

Funny DODGE: http://acronymsandslang.com/DODGE-meaning.html
    Last edited by xboxrox; 09-01-2020 at 02:15 AM.