Thread: Speedometer problems after cluster swap.

Array
    Status
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Speedometer problems after cluster swap.

Hey guys been a while. Swapped over my 2nd to the sport cluster, everything works great except for the speedometer. The speedometer slowly creeps up at the same steady speed no matter what the vehicle speed actually is. Also when i stop or slow down the speedometer needle just stays at the highest point until the truck is turned off. After i turn the truck off the needle will slowly creep back down to the default position.

**After swapping the cluster the speedo cable would barely reach and when reinstalling the cluster it was a very tight fit.**

Has anyone had this problem? Do you think my cable is just bound up some way causing it to lag like this?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I think if the cable was binding the needle would be a bit 'jumpy'. Try testing the cluster and cable with a power drill on low rpm and see what it's doing...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    It should be a tight fit with the Sport. Make sure its fully engaged, so your speed is accurate. I have purchased one before that the spedo wire clipped fine into, but the collar where it connects was cracked and allowed it to bend in the housing. It never read right and would bounce around inaccurately. Come to find out that Sport tach came out of a truck that was in a collision.