Thread: 1991 2.4 4g54 Mighty Max Cylinder head HELP!!

Array
    Status
    Alamogordo New Mexico
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Angry 1991 2.4 4g54 Mighty Max Cylinder head HELP!!

My gasket blew on my 91 Mighty Max and I'm about to blow a gasket myself trying to get the head off the block. I have it down to the back of the head with the camshaft off and headbolts out. Prying on it, the front has about a 1/4 in gap but won't budge anymore. I think I have to disconnect a whole lot more than I thought including exhaust manifold and the fuel injection. Any help, tips, advice, or pictures will help. She's my baby help me get her running like a sewing machine again

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram.You can remove the head without taking apart the valvetrain. I would've separated the the exhaust manifold and pushed it to one side and completely removed the intake manifold. You need to be careful about the fuel rail as it'll be pressurised and also careful you don't damage the 'o' ring in the fuel rail inlet. There is a brace that holds the inlet manifold up from underneath it - it is a biatch to get to but you should have better access to it through the wheel arch.

Removing the wheel on that side will allow you more open access to the side of the block so you can reach some of the more tricky nuts to undo. Good luck
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Augusta GA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Dont pry too much on that head or you will have to replace it because it is just aluminum also, there is a bolt properly left in somewhere you haven't noticed yet.... which is very easy to do. Did you take the head bolts off a quarter turn at a time in a star pattern? Its really easy to warp the head by just unbolting it. I have a feeling that i'm fixing to have to take my head off my 1990 Mighty max and get a valve job done myself. Good luck with your project