Array
    Status
    Miami
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Oil Pump Sprocket is too hard to move

Hey guys, the Oil Pump Sprocket on my 87 Max 2.0, is too hard and i see on youtube videos its supposed to be like butter, cant set the timing the sprocket is way too hard to move, currently car doesnt start, it turns over but very slowly, Buying a new battery and spark plugs. One more thing does anybody have a picture of all the timing marks, cant seem to find them on the truck itself or online.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. The oil pump sprocket should have full free movement when the belt is off so something is up. I would not attempt to install any belts and set timing etc until the oil pump housing and attached balance shaft has been pulled and inspected. If the balance shaft bearings are shot, it'll chew up the pump and result in a catastrophic loss of oil pressure. When the balance shaft bearings fail they automatically cause a severe loss of oil pressure - it'll take out #1 main journal and rod bearings, seize the engine and rip up the cam journals in the head. Check the engine oil for metal and it's general condition - it will give you a clue on the status of the engine. We have a downloadable PDF for setting the timing on the G63B engine (they are actually pretty easy to work on) - http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...2&d=1371362714
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function