Array
    Status
    nebraska
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

91 m max 3.0 5sp 4x4 3rd gear slips

so there's one for sale i haven't seen in person but the guy says the clutch slips in 3rd gear sometimes, does this sound legit or could there be bigger problems? it's priced kinda right and a clutch should be a minor fix if in fact that is the problem. Ideas?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Weird that the clutch slip is only in 3rd. It's a PITA but test drive it. If it's doing something that it shouldn't you'll be able to tell on the road. These trucks usually experience sloppy or mis-shifts from worn out bushings in the shifter lever assembly or loose mounting bolts (a couple of new nylon bushings fixes the slop) The clutch in the 4x4 isn't fun to do, but no different to any other 4x4 in the scheme of things...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    nebraska
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    yeah the guy is having trouble answering simple questions about it and it's a few hrs away so ill prob forget it. i thot it was a 3.0, not sure now.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    It will be either the teeth are missing on that gear - or its not going into gear/a linkage problem

Array
    Status
    nebraska
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    yeah, i really think the dude hasn't a clue

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    3rd gear is a known gear to slip in if clutch is bad. Its where torque overcomes the grip of the clutch. Probably just need a new clutch. V5MT1 transmissions are very strong and I cant say we have seen any of them fail. Only ever heard of a front bearing failure once. Otherwise very beefy and dependable.

Array
    Status
    nebraska
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Line View Post
    3rd gear is a known gear to slip in if clutch is bad. Its where torque overcomes the grip of the clutch. Probably just need a new clutch. V5MT1 transmissions are very strong and I cant say we have seen any of them fail. Only ever heard of a front bearing failure once. Otherwise very beefy and dependable.
    thank you!