Thread: Just Bought a Mighty Max two weeks ago!

Array
    Status
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Just Bought a Mighty Max two weeks ago!

Ive been lurking in the forums every since I bought it- Got from a guy for $250. He rounded off the head bolts and gave up. I look forward to basically cruising in it- I aint gotta go fast .... at least not yet!

My big question is: where do you guys find new/reman 2.0 heads? I cant one anywhere!

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Welcome to the club. Junk yards are a good bet for used heads. Some places even list their inventory online. Row 52 is a good phone app that i use on the west coast.

Array
    Status
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Where’s this app been all my life. I got a another project that’s it’s perfect for but as for this mighty max - there isn’t one for almost 400 miles.

There’s one 2.0 head on eBay but the guy specifically says it’s fuel injected only.

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Its a great app.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by snap50 View Post
    Where’s this app been all my life. I got a another project that’s it’s perfect for but as for this mighty max - there isn’t one for almost 400 miles.

There’s one 2.0 head on eBay but the guy specifically says it’s fuel injected only.
    You 'can' use it but you'll need an electric fuel pump to run it as the EFI'd heads don't have a provision for the mechanical fuel pump. The 2.0 heads are around the place on ebay - don't forget to look up other Mitsubishi/Dodge vehicles (L200,L300 Express or Starwagon,Ram50 etc)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Found this in 2 minutes. Can't vouch for them https://www.americancylinderheads.co...ead_search.php

Array
    Status
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    MAN! Yall so clutch- I appreciate it. I got an ls engine sitting around but I really didnt want to go that way..... just yet!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    And try to find one without Jet valves. Jet valve heads are weaker and are more prone to cracking in the event of an overheat. If you plan on a performance build, source a mechanical head as opposed to hydraulic lash adjusters (be warned, valve train components don't swap between the 2 types of heads so source a complete assembled head with the cam)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by snap50 View Post
    MAN! Yall so clutch- I appreciate it. I got an ls engine sitting around but I really didnt want to go that way..... just yet!
    Didn't you want to find a head? Enter your info in the top form, I did, and it will show you a list of heads they have or can get. I didn't go past that point. Apparently the guy I got mine from in St Louis is out of business. It will probably give yo a more refined list if you fill out both forms.

Array
    Status
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    And try to find one without Jet valves. Jet valve heads are weaker and are more prone to cracking in the event of an overheat. If you plan on a performance build, source a mechanical head as opposed to hydraulic lash adjusters (be warned, valve train components don't swap between the 2 types of heads so source a complete assembled head with the cam)
    Will do!! Theres definitely one on ebay and im about to call American Cylinder heads as well.