Array
    Status
    Hilo, Hawaii
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G15

Wire harness swap. Need help

Need some help Gang. Have a 1990 max, and wire harness was chopped up from previous owner. No internal or external lights. Starter hooked up to push button and fuel pump converter to front. With a electric one. Well hot it to run just by putting in new starter. I swapped harness with new one from a D50. Having problems with it turning on. No power. Any tips can help. Thanks Aloha [Aaron]

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. What engine/transmission combo is your truck running? And I think part of the issue is swapping a harness in from a Gen 1 truck. They are a lot more 'rudimentary' compared to a Gen 2. More than likely you have a lot of dead ends and open circuits that are disabling the lighting systems. If you can post a pic or 2 they sometimes help with visually identifying an issue.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Hilo, Hawaii
    Vehicle

Engine

4G15
    Got the wire harness swapped, with a new key and column. Car wasn't turning. Till I replaced starter relay, which also includes the horn lol wierd. But I'm having a issue with spark. I have a canister ignition coil, hooked up to distributer. But that's where my problem is. Idk how to get a 12v jump to ignition coil and what wire go on positive and negetive from the distributor. Big help Gang lmk what you guys think.

Array
    Status
    Hilo, Hawaii
    Vehicle

Engine

4G15

Wire harness swap. Need help

Wassup gang, been on here not to long. But got a 1990 Max that I just swapped the harness from a automatic D50, the previous owner had it chopped up and hooked up to a pushed button starter. But got a new key and column in also, so now just trying to figure out how to hook up my ignition coil to distributor. Btw I have a soda can ignition coil and have no clue how to connect to ignition when i turn key for spark. Car ran prior and just have issue with spark from distributor.
    Last edited by SubGothius; 08-22-2020 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Mod note: merged from duplicate thread

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Check the harness for the automatic position switch. This thing disables the ignition if the gear selector isn't in 'P' or 'N' so you will have to find the plug in the harness for the switch and run a bridge wire over it or it'll kill the starter circuit.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Hilo, Hawaii
    Vehicle

Engine

4G15
    Got the car to crank, but does not want to start. Checked s p.o mark from ignition coil to distributor towards the first spark plug. What could be problem, low voltage?, timing? Etc?