Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B

T-Boned by rear left tire

Friends dad basically gave me his 1986 2.0 D50. Car starts and the engine runs relatively well but as the title says it was t boned near the rear left wheel well. Dents not that big but hit hard enough where to go straight the steering wheel has to be rotated about 90 degrees. Forgot to take pictures of it while I was at his place and he won't be back for a week.

Took it for a test drive and I hear like a squeaking noise mainly under load. Turning right is much easier. When I turned left on a hairpin corner I heard/felt the rear tires squeel and/or skid for a brief moment.

Let's say frame isn't damaged, worst case scenario is that the rear axle is damaged right? Assuming a 4 wheel alignment will not fix this. I've only done engine rebuilds so anything underneath that are not the brakes and springs/struts is new territory for me. I'm a broke college student so taking it to a shop other than for an alignment or diagnosis is out of the question for now.

What are my options or plan of action here? Really want to build this car cuz I got a 4g63 from a eclipse gs-t my friend would sell me for dumb cheap or I got basically everything for a 4g64 swap if I wanted that extra hp/torque for a daily/work truck type. Always wanted a first gen D50 with quad headlights and that's exactly what this is so I really don't want to scrap this project.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    you will need to check it out, but it could be that the diff has shifted on the springs. due to sheared off pin or mount etc

get under it and check if the chassis has any creases or wrinkles, cracked out paint. it would be a hard hit to bend the chassis (tho they are not particularly beefy, but if what you say is true then im betting its hit the wheel)

a 4 wheel alignment isnt going to help becasue there is no adjustment in a leafspring rear. you will need to check the leaf springs, hangers, U bolts, diff mounts etc for damage.
    The sound is the tyre scrubbing because its not pointing in the same direction as the rest of them.

If the chassis is bent, its pretty affordable to get them on a chassis machine and straightened out, these are real basic trucks

so. in summary
    inspect the chassis of the truck for signs of deformation
    inspect the rear suspension for signs of damage

I believe there are some shassis and suspension measurement points listed in the manual. all you need is some chalk, a plumb bob, a tape measure, and some flat concrete to park on