Array
    Status
    Gilroy ca
    Vehicle

1980 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

I.D.K.?

1980 Plymouth arrow fuel pump

Picked up a 80 arrow think it has the 2.6 guy said fuel pumps going out not that mechanically inclined would it be in the gas tank a mechanical fuel pump or in line and where would I find it
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Lewiston Idaho
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Welcome to the forum!

If it is a stock fuel pump, it will be located right in front of the air cleaner and is mounted into the cylinder head with 2 bolts. There will be a couple of fuel lines connected to it as well, one from the frame area (supply from fuel tank) and the second that will run up to the fuel filter which is just to the right of your air filter in the picture.

The stickers under your hood and on the fire wall will tell you what engine that you have. If it is a G54B it is the 2.6L, that is what my 1980 D50 Sport has.

There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here, that can really answer just about any question that you could have about these pickups.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Your engine bay photo looks clean so that is generally a good sign. There are a number of pump variants on these engines so make sure you take a pic of the pump and if you have other transport, remove the pump and physically check it over so you can either order one online or over the counter at a parts store. Before you go replacing the pump though, what symptoms is it showing that indicates the pump is tired? There may be another reason for a running fault. Better to diagnose it correctly before throwing money at it.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by Old dude View Post
    Picked up a 80 arrow think it has the 2.6 guy said fuel pumps going out not that mechanically inclined would it be in the gas tank a mechanical fuel pump or in line and where would I find it
    Did the seller SMOG it or did you take it as is?

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    It's probably a plugged filter. It is located under the bed directly in front of the tank. Use a light it's hard to see.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com