Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Electronic box under/behind lighter/ ashtray and on hump behind console?

Array
    Status
    New Providence,PA
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G72
    No power door locks or windows. Who knows what both of these factoty boxes are and what they do? Next contestant please. 89373566_10216742865225943_2543854183904182272_n.jpg

Array
    Status
    New Providence,PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G72
    This truck is all original 41k miles pretty much one previous owner. Runs and drives like a top.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    That part # is for a Galant VR4 door harness so it is either wrong or incomplete.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    New Providence,PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G72
    Yeah, central locking unit sounded like some locking differential option. But, nonetheless, not what this box is. Still hoping for a correct answer talked to po. He said he saw it disconected snd e erything worked except the heater/ac station selector so he didnt plug it in. AC works perfect. I plugged it in and no change i could tell. Has what loojs like a 18 pin coupler without counting.ALOT of small wires into factory harnes. No tow package eithr and its a mb part number so came with the truck.

Array
    Status
    New Providence,PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G72
    I think i didnt get a good read on the part number. Will try a mirror or something.

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Went with a hunch after looking at Your build sheet.
    The large & small 'units' respectively are...

ABS control module, MB 822080
    'G' (gravity) sensor, MB 822686

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    gravity sensor will be on the fuel line somewhere, to stop fuel pump in event of a roll over.
    Could be ABS, honestly id have thought this year wouldnt have it

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    Quote Originally Posted by claych View Post
    Went with a hunch after looking at Your build sheet.
    The large & small 'units' respectively are...

ABS control module, MB 822080
    'G' (gravity) sensor, MB 822686
    I think Claych is onto something.

I have a 90 MM v6 like you and do not have anything in that area. Mine is a 5 speed too. If you were auto the control box for that would be up under the steering wheel dash. I know that abs started to come into play after 92 i believe.

Get a better view of those part numbers and report back. All of those parts and wiring look like OEM mitsubishi, so its likely standard.

PS. early 90's Mitsubishi ABS systems were scary to use in bad weather. Plenty of 3000GT owners pull the relays, so they can have normal brakes. This is likely the same solution for Mighty Max owners.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    It appears that ABS wasn't an option in Mitsubishi trucks until 2006 with the introduction of the ML model. I would look at the wiring loom and see if it's a stand alone harness or if it's integrated. Someone may have had big plans but never got there. Check the backs of the brake rotors for trigger wheels and sensors/mounts.

*apparently ABS in the ML/MN was scary in the wet and other Mitsubishis fitted with ABS had similar complaints. Some owners went as far as removing the relay to disable it.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

Engine

Other
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    It appears that ABS wasn't an option in Mitsubishi trucks until 2006 with the introduction of the ML model. I would look at the wiring loom and see if it's a stand alone harness or if it's integrated. Someone may have had big plans but never got there. Check the backs of the brake rotors for trigger wheels and sensors/mounts.

*apparently ABS in the ML/MN was scary in the wet and other Mitsubishis fitted with ABS had similar complaints. Some owners went as far as removing the relay to disable it.
    Might want to try and google search again. It was available for the Mighty Max during the early 90's

https://www.factorymitsubishiparts.c...odule-mb822080

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hmm. I only checked the Oz market and not global exports. Jeez that is one expensive option

...and thanks for the link Chargerx3

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    But 2WH Antilock is listed as STANDARD equipment according to the O/P's build sheet (posted below).

O/P,
    How about a picture or two 'under hood'

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

Engine

Other
    Good eye Claych. Found and confirmed. Just need to OP to verify the part number of the control module and we can hopefully close this case.

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

Engine

Other
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Hmm. I only checked the Oz market and not global exports. Jeez that is one expensive option

...and thanks for the link Chargerx3
    Bet you can find it for less elsewhere. They look like a 3rd party distributor, so its likely very inflated.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    ...and that's only the control module. Add the brake control solenoid and sensors bet it'll be an easy $2.5k set up in parts if opting for new. I thought it was referring to the load sensing brake control valve on the rear axle (the thing that goes foul but nobody seems to be able to find new)

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by Chargerx3
    Good eye Claych. Found and confirmed. Just need to OP to verify the part number of the control module and we can hopefully close this case.
    Thx Chargerx3,...
    Last edited by claych; 07-18-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Array
    Status
    New Providence,PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G72
    Thank you bro. I did notice a change after all when plugged in. Anti-lock brakes light cones on in dash and backing up and braking triggers it. You can hear the stacatto chatter of anti lock if conditions are right too.Brake light in dash also activated soon after however brakes work great.

Array
    Status
    New Providence,PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G72
    We have a winner! That must be the correct answer and the part numbers match. I thought the last number was a zero but must be an 8. Kudos Broski!

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

Engine

Other
    Quote Originally Posted by Cchuckster11 View Post
    Thank you bro. I did notice a change after all when plugged in. Anti-lock brakes light cones on in dash and backing up and braking triggers it. You can hear the stacatto chatter of anti lock if conditions are right too.Brake light in dash also activated soon after however brakes work great.
    Does it affect all of your brakes both front and back, or just rears? Honestly I would pull that plug as that system is antiquated and could put you in serious trouble.

Array
    Status
    New Providence,PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G72
    When i bought this mighty max a few months back, id recently found tle plug unplugged. I tried all i could to figure out what it was and why it was not connected. Eventually i spun the wheel , rolled the dice and plugged it back in. Drove it 50-60 mikes and nothing seened to change yill one day i backed out of the barage, geard a familiar anti lockbrake stacatto chatter and the antilock brake idiot light came on. Soon after the brake light also activated. Shut it down and started it back up and lights were both off again. Happened again so i just pulled the plug again. Max was originally bought ny a Mitsubishi truck dealer for lot plowing and local errands and tgey had pulled the plug yo remedy the situation. Talked to po and he said "everything worked so he left it unplugged too". The guy worked for the Mitsu. Truck co. and watched the lil max for years until they bought a larger vehicle for max'd job so he bought it for his own use. He had it for 1 year, it didnt snow that winter and it was just sitting in his garage so i became the 3rd owner of a 40k 94 mighty max 3.0 4x4 ac truck. You can bet im very happy i foubd it before tge other peopke i terested found time to check it out. I drove through 4 states (about an hour) and had 1st crack at tge truvk. Seller had a creeper and a cement floor in his barn. I rolked all aroubd under it and saw no trouble. Not even a spot of frame or body rust BANG! Deal made. Im in the mignty max club and drive it whenever and where ever i want. Sitting in my garage now and ptobably will be in the family forever. .

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Just in case anyone is interested ,

Modulator # MB618806
    Control Module # MB822080 < last digit is 0
    Abs Sensor #MB699744
    G-Sensor # MB822686
    Modulator Bracket #MB699809.

Array
    Status
    New Providence,PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G72
    Cranked the torsion bars up, replaced the shocks all around, bought some new but not able to be used pro comp rims and loaded so e 265/70R17 tires on her because i had the tires already in the barn. Po said he thought the ac needed a charge but it was overcharged and vac'd it out, loaded th20200404_135917.jpg20200514_161354.jpge right amount back in and cold ac, low milage Mad Max lives on and still turns some heads. I did trim the bumpstops in 1/2 to get a bit more lift and did mild trimming at front wheelhouses for better tire clearance.

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    ^^
    Meh that truck sucks , You should just sell it to Me !!
    Mighty Max's are very breakdown prone, I will take the problem off
    Your hands for cheap!!
    ^
    I jest, I jest,

Oh,
    On a more technical note, plug the module in , pull the ABS fuses (2 I think) to disable the system.

Array
    Status
    New Providence,PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G72
    Niiiice. Thanks...i'll probably pull the fuses and plug module back in to see how that works. There is alot of wires on that plug and would think antilock rear brakes wouldnt take that much electronic controls to work or not. Thanks for the parts numbers too but im not going to get them working correctly. Take care and shiny side up.20200417_113049.jpg

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Nice. The mystery module was a distraction, but it's always good to get to know your ride. Having everything working is better than everything not working. Blue Max - Geezer approves

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast