Array
    Status
    Denver,Co
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

zacthebaker here.
    I purchased my d50 11/19, payed way to much to get the carb working correctly as well a bad auto locker on the drivers side.
    I would like to get more power out of her. Right now I can get to 75-80 on a flat interstate but if I hit a hill even at full throttle I go down to 60-65. I don't have a ton of money to put into it. Are there anythings I could do to help get some power back?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. First up - what carb are you running and what has been done so far? The fact you're making 75-80 mph means it is actually working properly (when the stock carb fails you'll be lucky to get 55-60) The 4x4 isn't built for land speed records but you can improve power delivery and overall performance by swapping the factory Mikuni carb for a Weber. The Weber should be considered part of an engine upgrade and works best with porting and head work, a set of exhaust headers, a full exhaust system and a wider duration cam. There are a few other things that can be done to aid throttle response which can be done on a budget, but the carb and exhaust are going to swallow an easy $500 before you take the engine apart.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function