Array
    Status
    Hialeah, Florida
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63

Talking 1987 Mighty Max 327 engine Swap

Hey guys I’m planning on doing a 327 Chevy engine swap on my 87 Mighty Max. But I have a couple engines I have saved that I can buy. Now what else do I need cause I read you can use the same engine mounts with little to no Modification. I have many questions, I know a decent amount about cars but I’m no wizard. I really wanted to do a Mustang engine 5.0 swap from an 86 but people I some people say it’s too difficult. I know I might need to modify the engine mounts but what else? Does the drive mighty max drive line just hook up with the Chevy transmission? Do I need to swap out the entire suspension system? What about electronics? Is there an easier swap out there? I really wanted to do an American engine I really enjoy the sound of V8 chopping but I’d do anything easy at this point .(Sorry if these questions are dumb I’m just lost)

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Lots of engine builds have been done. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc. Guys have even turbocharged their 4Cyl with 2.0, 2.4, 2.6. V6 guys have even done 3.8L engines that bolt up to existing drive-trains.

The sky is the limit. Just depends on how much $, time, and experience you have.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    You can find vids of them on YT and here is a member's thread http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...am-50-360-swap

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Of the 3 big 3 the 302 is the easiest. Just need a front sump oil pan(any 289-302) from the 60's to the late 70's. engine mounts extended forward with a set of Fox body rubbers. a new trans x-member (will bolt onto factory location). Ford front yoke with the front part of the drive shaft shortened. If you run an AOD trans you have to cut the trans tunnel opening and move it up a few inch's( 13" Torque converter housing). with the T-5,4 Speed, C4 you don't have to touch the tunnel. Check out my build thread http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...The-Fordubishi