Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72

Cool New from Portland: 94 Mighty Max 4x4 6G72

Hello!

Just picked up a 94 Mighty Max 4x4 with the 6G72 under the hood and 194k on the dash. Leaking oil and burning some too, brakes need work, but I'm excited! I picked it up intending to build out an overlander rig for some roadtripping. Rockauto parts coming in the mail next week to do head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, intake manifold gasket, and exhaust manifold gaskets. Also doing front rotors and pads and a full drum rebuild in the back.

I'm looking forward to learning this new motor and maybe doing a cam or a 24 valve top end swap/cams/injectors/fuel pump. Excited to be part of the fam.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Guys are getting into MIVEC 3.8 V6 swaps which might be an option you haven't thought about yet. It'll get your truck hauling fast and the extra torque can only improve the already more than capable Mitsubishis' 4x4 offroad antics. As with all noobs - post pics, ask questions!
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    Ah yeah that sounds like a good alternative; thanks for putting it on my radar. After I get this 3.0 running top notch maybe I'll hop over to the scrap yard and pull one to rebuild in the garage for an eventual swap! Looking for torque gains mostly, so that sounds better than trying to make more power out of the 3.0.

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Great find and welcome to the family. Those V6 trucks are hard to beat. ChargerX3 has built a 3.8L Mivec that puts down some serious HP. I think around 300hp.

The factory 3.0L runs good too with little maintenance. It should be plenty powerful and dependable.

Have any pictures yet?

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    Thanks! Nice to be here. I'll have to check out ChargerX3's threads, then. Thanks for the heads up.

Right on! I wasn't too sure about the 3.0L, but the more I read and the more I talk to folks here, the more I'm happy I am that I picked up this truck.

No pictures yet, but once I've finished with some of the needed maintenance I'll set up a build thread and post some.

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Again solid choice. Best HP and strongest trans and axles available. Take good care of her.