Thread: G63B or T350?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I remember Pennyman saying these were NLA from DG Headers. They are freaking amazing. Now there is an alternative but I can't guarantee they will fit right - and that's if you can find a set. Headers from a FWD G63B (Eagle, Colt, Expo, Galant, Cordia, Hyundai Sonata etc) may be adaptable but I've had no luck finding a set. Headers on ebay are dirt cheap and would be worth modifying. No guarantee on fit/quality though...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I found a place called GPHeaders that is willing to make and ship them for $700. I think I'm gonna go for it. I feel like for the long term stainless is the way to go. Also I received the 38DGES I bought through that ebay link you posted. turns out they were real! Made in spain and it's beautiful <3 My daily is popping error codes again so I won't be installing it in the pickup yet, but I'll continue to purchase the parts I need and plan my engine teardown. Luckily I still have the original Haynes maintenance book made in 1989,and am gonna use that as my guide for the teardown. I'll need to find someone with an engine hoist I can use to make it easier to work on the engine.

Array
    Status
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Oh yeah. So I'm looking into buying a new grille for SUsan as well. I'd prefer it to be chrome, but the only ones I can find in chrome are the ones for the 93-96 mighty max. Will it fit as is or would I have to do some work? If anyone knows where I can find a chrome one for the 89, I'd greatly appreciate it. I used to be able to find them but that was years ago. I'm having a hard time finding parts for this truck :/ It's doable but I have to hunt hard

Array
    Status
    redding ca
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    the 93-96 should fit. i have one on my 1990. direct bolt on.

Array
    Status
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Nice. I also wanna do a rear brake conversion to discs. My plan is to use rotors and calipers off of a '94 montero. In my head I think it should fit. Thoughts?

Array
    Status
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I plan on doing the same thing to the front brakes as well, but needed a proof of concept

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    You won't get an upgrade over the front assemblies but you can do a twin piston swap from a Montero. The rear you would be better off doing a whole axle swap. There might be an increase in rear track (I know there is in a Gen 1 truck axle to disc swap...) but then you're not messing around with anything other than a hand brake cable and some brake hoses.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    if u grow bored with the naturally aspirated 2.0
    I'd start looking for a running starion 2.6 donor and a wideblock truck 5spd
    add a few bolt-on mods, then go V8 hunting

oe rear end strong enough
    DSM rear disc not hard. Cut off caliper tabs so u can weld/make up remainder of bracket
    needs redrill if staying 6 log tho. Check if 6 bolt circle/flange clears 1st

Array
    Status
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Wait, what does DSM mean?

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    DSM is the US division of Mitsubishi Motors (Diamond Star Motors) that were developed especially for the US market. They were sold under the model names Eclipse, Laser, Talon etc. Really popular tuner platforms that ran parallel to Evolution Lancers.

Array
    Status
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I'm gonna be sending out my old headers so that they have a basis for fabricating the stainless steel ones and it's gonna be about a month before I get them back. Do I need to worry about covering the manifold ports to prevent corrosion/stuff from getting in? And if so does it matter what I use to cover it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12