Grass Valley CA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

Calif legal carburetor?

I have a 83 2.6 4x4 5 speed G54b
    I need a new carburetor?
    I can get it to run a minute then it dies.
    I replaced the fuel tank, the fuel pump.
    The accelerator pump Is NOT working.
    I’ve torn the Mikuni carb apart and cleaned it.
    I live in California.
    I’ve had it for 10 years and haven’t driven it yet.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Grass Valley (love your antique shops there) I got family living in Penn Valley...
    NeMake sure which year carbs fit your truck, use Rock Auto to check part #s by plugging in various years... I think 1985 & 1986 fit only those years but most likely work fine on your truck too -- get a California emissions variety... I found a used carb online at PicknPull in Rocklin, CA... Shamrock Wrecking yard in south central California has/had 3 used Mikunis on their shelf... Also, Row52 is a good website for locating junked trucks... Good Luck & maybe look at some of my postings I put up Mikuni info & photos...

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by Donker2 View Post
    I have a 83 2.6 4x4 5 speed G54b
    I need a new carburetor?
    I can get it to run a minute then it dies.
    I replaced the fuel tank, the fuel pump.
    The accelerator pump Is NOT working.
    I’ve torn the Mikuni carb apart and cleaned it.
    I live in California.
    I’ve had it for 10 years and haven’t driven it yet.

If the auto choke is viable and the secondary vac actuator works + you've already pulled the carb apart - why not put a kit through it? It will save you the headache of finding a direct replacement carb and you'll need to put a kit through a used carb anyway. 3 main components that fail on Mikuni carbs are the auto choke (a nightmare to replace), the vac actuator for the secondary throat (easy fix once you've determined that it has failed) and the fuel bowl vent (it'll cause flooding/running issues) Just don't mess with any factory sealed screws (ones with paint on them) Get a complete kit with all of the necessary replacement diaphragms and take your time with it. They aren't a fun carb to pull down but being thorough and doing small things like trimming sketchy aftermarket gaskets down (they are rarely ever a perfect fit) will ensure the odds will be in your favour when you bolt it down and go for a first start.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Lewiston Idaho
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I have a complete Mikuni carb off of my 1980 D50. It was an A/C carb so it has a few extra bits on it for the A/C system. Would make a great parts carb. Came off of my truck when the previous owner cracked the head. I put a Weber on it when I put it back together. PM me if interested.

20200221_144950.jpg

Array
    Status
    Tallahassee, FL
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    found a supplier for mikunis. Not sure if you solved your prob but i'll just drop this here:
    https://guaranteedcarburetors.com/-4...UCKS_c_48.html

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    68 Valiant, I would like to have the Mikuni carburetor phenolic resin "BODY" but I dont know if any other body except an exact match will work to rebuild my original Mikuni... My Mikuni is for a 1986 2.6L Manual transmission 4X4 California emissions truck...
    THANK YOU for posting your offer