Status
    Cape Cod, MA
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Paired port headers available.

Hello all.

I have a first gen Mighty Max. It has the paired port manifold. I was searching for a long time and found no place for a paired port header. After a little research I found there is a lot of parts in Australia for the Might Max. They call it a L200 there.

They do have some L200 headers with their own listing however I couldn't get them to ship. This is rather understandable with the bush fires then Covid.

Out of chance I E-mailed a guy selling the L300 header as they offer a shipping quote built in to eBay. He let me know he did have the L200 headers available.

I purchased one and hoped for the best.

It came in and got in on today. I can confirm it's for a L200 / Mighty Max and needed no work to get it on. Bolted right up with the correct size at the bottom. I have seen a few people on here getting the L300 one then having to either bend the header or do extra work to the cab. I didn't have to do any of that so I am very happy.

Please do not just purchase from this eBay ad. E-mail them first so they can confirm they will send the L200 header.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/25457176890...m=254571768907

eBay user aps8748

Next would be carb upgrade.

Also added two photos of my Mighty Max. This little truck is just fantastic and in the best shape I have ever seen one.

IMG-4529.jpgIMG-4937.jpgIMG-5424.jpgIMG-5426.jpgIMG-5425.jpg

Array
    Status
    Cape Cod, MA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B

Paired port headers available.

Hello all.

I wanted to get this out to you all. I was searching for a header for a long time and always sent me back here. Looks like you guys have not found any paired port headers for a long time.

Was checking out eBay for L300 headers to see how much work they would need to get to fit. This is the one I was looking at
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/254585636961

I then thought I would send a message to see if they can get any for the L200. He got back to me and confirmed he could for the same price. I was over the moon.

Ordered it and waited about a month for it to get here. Put it in today and it fits perfectly.

IMG-5424.jpgIMG-5426.jpgIMG-5425.jpg

I asked the seller after to see if he would mind me getting the info out. He didn't mind so here I am.

Please send him a message first. He will ask you to add in the notes when purchasing for a L200 header.

I'm very happy with this. Saved me a fortune getting one custom made.

Array
    Status
    Cape Cod, MA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Sorry for the double post. It looked like the first one didn't take.

Array
    Status
    Kent, WA
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Was the price about the same for L200 as what's shown on eBay for the L300?
    This looks like probably less $ than having a custom header made.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    They're not the same. IIRC you'll run into clearance issues where the collectors pass under the cab (got a feeling this has come up a few times on the forum...) We have a guy here on the site that actually makes custom paired port headers -

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...-shorty-header

They're top notch - I mean TOP NOTCH. I think you'd be very hard pressed to find an at least equal quality product. Dom has sunk 5 years into development and design of them and they're a freaking work of art
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    They're not the same. IIRC you'll run into clearance issues where the collectors pass under the cab (got a feeling this has come up a few times on the forum...) We have a guy here on the site that actually makes custom paired port headers -

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...-shorty-header

They're top notch - I mean TOP NOTCH. I think you'd be very hard pressed to find an at least equal quality product. Dom has sunk 5 years into development and design of them and they're a freaking work of art
    That is a nice link Geez.

Array
    Status
    Bothwell,Ontario
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    I would love that for my 2.4 but I'm assuming this is for the 2.6?

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by Can1991Ram View Post
    I would love that for my 2.4 but I'm assuming this is for the 2.6?
    These are for all RWD SOHC 4G6#/G6#B (4G64/G62B/G63B) engines. Pricey... maybe. But IMO they are well worth it for the quality...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Cape Cod, MA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Sorry for the delay.

They did it for the same price as the L300. Worked out to be $186 USD converted from $286 AUD. The carb should be in this week so can complete the upgrade and let you know how it is.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Freight from Oz sucks but the exchange rate is really in you guys' favour atm. Add some header wrap to it before you mount it. Every thing you can do to drop under hood temperatures is a win + wrapping the headers will improve gas scavenging (double win) Wrapped headers look cool too

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Just bought the last one . birthday🎁. . Can't wait to install this .
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Cape Cod, MA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by maxdsm View Post
    Just bought the last one . birthday. . Can't wait to install this .
    Nice! Did you send an E-mail first? Would hate for you to get the L300 and it not fit correctly.

Array
    Status
    Cape Cod, MA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    L200 header tracking.JPG

Mine took around a month. It will look to be stationary for quite a while.

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    That's what I'm doing now .so there is a difference??

Array
    Status
    Cape Cod, MA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    There is. The exit to the header is lower on the L200. If you use the L300 version you would either have to bend the tube, extend the tube or some people have bashed the underside of the cab in. You don't want to do any of this if you get the one that fits.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The engine position of L300's is low and behind the driver so they were able to make the primary pipes shorter to pull it up under the van chassis. I bought a stainless steel set too from a JY cheap knowing it wasn't going to fit but was prepared to grind through welds and add pipework to mod it. Then the donor truck showed up with headers and saved me the headaches...
    Last edited by geezer101; 05-29-2020 at 12:24 AM. Reason: non obvious spuling errer

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    BTW - DG isn't making the headers anymore...
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Cant wait !!! July 20 th est. Shipping. L200 header .
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Just got it . Cant wait to install it next week .
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    redding ca
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    looks nice. ive been thinking of picking up one for my 1992. the manifold cracked on the back. it welded up really nice and has not cracked yet but im sure its bound to happen again. it probably would give a nice bump in hp with appropriate sized muffler and piping. i should make a thread on my 1992. its nothing to special but ive done a few interesting things that i feel many would like to see.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Are they painted or ceramic coated maxdsm? I'll be annoying and ask are you gonna wrap them as well...

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Thanks . Yes looks like high heat paint . I hope they wouldn't go through all the trouble making these and use a paint that will flake off . Fading is understandable seeing it's a header.Also I heard that wraping the header will cause it to decay and rust faster ??
    Our headers are MIG welded and feature a hi-temp heat proof coating for a lasting and reliable finish. Our extractors are Australian manufactured with over 30 years of experience in exhaust design and fabrication.

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Want to ask I have around 2k on my motor since full rebuild. Can I reuse my gasket ??

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I've heard a few myths and the pros and cons of wrapping headers. Some cheaper quality headers are made from tube steel that doesn't handle high heat and cool down cycles. The tale behind that is the heat wrap prevents the metal from shedding some of the heat by radiating it and eventually re-tempers the steel tubing til it becomes brittle as glass (never seen it, but then the guys saying might have bought cheap headers and the welds have cracked and didn't want to look like they got what they paid for...) You'd have to be running it hard and doing it on a regular basis to cause that to happen IMO. Wrapping headers is worth it. Keeps the under hood temperatures down, hot gases move faster so you can be more aggressive with tuning the engine, offers some protection to you if you have to work on the engine while it's hot and it won't flake off like paint so you don't have to maintain it to the same degree. You don't want to spill oil on it or have a leak somewhere as the thermal wrap could exacerbate the problem (yay, lots of extra stinky smoke and a possible burn off if it is a bad spill on the headers)

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    And you can re-use the exhaust manifold gasket Can't see it causing a problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast