Status
    Cape Cod, MA
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Hello from 1985 Mighty Max.

Hello all.

I have been lurking a while but just registered.

Picked up a 1985 Mitsubishi Mighty Max with 56,000 miles (now 64,000 sadly). It Has been a fantastic little truck and needed so little.
    Just started to do the mods. I want to keep it as original as possible but just make it nicer to use. Under this guide I have added a modern stereo with a speaker box to go behind the seats. Saves cutting anything up and can be easily removed. Will do a more refined version one day.

The carb and exhaust has been my biggest gripe with the Max. Thankfully got my hands on a paired port header and got a Weber carb on order. That should make the truck a lot nicer to use.

The amount of attention the Max gets is unreal. I have made whole construction sites close down as they all stopped work to check out the Max. Also had a guy get on his hands and knees to check out the truck. Never had that before.

I will be around here now and be looking at all the info you guys have posted through the years. Also found a contact for paired port headers for cheap money that I will post.

Speak to you all again

CatdogFTW - Cape Cod IMG-4529.jpgIMG-4937.jpg

Array
    Status
    Kent, WA
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Good looking truck, cool how it gets so much attention!
    I am also a newcomer here (~4 months) and this site is a great resource as you will see!

Array
    Status
    FL
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Sweet truck and cool topper!

Array
    Status
    Tallahassee, FL
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    so pretty. love the gold. and OG hubcaps!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Damn this truck looks so straight. The fact it still has all of the wheel dress rings and hubcaps shows this truck had been well taken care of. The metallic paint was a premium option so does the interior have plastic trim garnishes around the doors and trim panels on the pillars?
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Welcome & super nice truck you have. Did you paint the low mount mirrors black? Thanks for the photos, helps me see what my truck would look like with chrome pieces...

Array
    Status
    Cape Cod, MA
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Thank you all for the replies.

I will get some more photos tonight. Will include some of the interior.

The only thing I have painted was the front grill. You can't see it in this photo so that will be shown later. As far as I can tell everything is factory stock. I was very lucky in finding a truck like this is such good condition.

The factory color is beige. I like the fact they hadn't gone to fancy naming of their colors. Just plain old beige.