Array
    Status
    Florissant MO
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Reverse Light issue

I had the 5-spd trans rebuilt and in the process the reverse light switch wire was broken so I removed it and in the process the ball bearing fell out and I did not know it. After installing new switch the reverse light stays on regardless of what gear it is in. Got a replacement 8mm ball bearing, installed it and reverse lights are still on in every gear. Any thoughts on next step would be appreciated.
    thanks,
    Mike

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    make sure its wired correctly. replace the switch too.

Array
    Status
    Florissant MO
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    There are Three switches on the transmission and transfer case. What are they and is there a wiring diagram for them? Any help would be appreciated. I did replace the ball bearing. Up the replacement switch had a much longer stem than the original. When it is wired the backup lights are on all the time.ThanksMike

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    There is something up with the reversing switch if the actuator rod is longer than the original. It will automatically cause the light to be on all the time so that will be #1 issue with it. Maybe add some copper washers to try and shim it out if you have enough thread to work with or if you're game, trim some off the actuator rod and sand off the sharp edges with fine wet and dry. We had a member discover that the A/T transmission OD and reversing lights both share a fuse in the under dash fuse block. Their main issue was dirty fuse connections which caused the reverse + OD to go out (totally opposite of your problem but worth noting...)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I had a problem with mine. What ended up working was spraying out the hole with WD40 and Well I posted about it 8-21-17 The last post has the solution. I ended up using a 5/16th ball and it has to be in neutral when you install it.. http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...h-bearing-ball

Array
    Status
    Florissant MO
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks, I will try both and let you know what happens.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Let us know how it goes